The VG Resource

Full Version: CeeY's Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This will be a new topic of stuff, starting from here on,

WIP's
Jr Troopa in my custom Mario style. I have the walking for now, and I would like some C+C on how it looks,
[Image: jrtroopakj0.png]
[Image: jrtroopta7.gif]
The eyes on Jr. Look like he's drunk, no offense. Perhaps make them one pixel longer.
Everything else is good Wink
Im not working on Jr anymore, I just wanted to post him
The other Jr... Jr. Troopa...
For Jr. Troopa, his feet are obviously cut off at the bottom. Also, his hand shrinks too much when it goes in towards his body.
It really is a nice job. I love the feet, since I am quite bad at feet myself.

EDIT: I started posting this before you had posted the fact that you were stopping on Jr...sorry.
(12-24-2008, 05:17 PM)Diddy_Kong Wrote: [ -> ]For Jr. Troopa, his feet are obviously cut off at the bottom. Also, his hand shrinks too much when it goes in towards his body.
It really is a nice job. I love the feet, since I am quite bad at feet myself.

EDIT: I started posting this before you had posted the fact that you were stopping on Jr...sorry.
I just edited my post, so my WIP's only show. Anyway, His fot does cut off because it is going downward and behind. And as for the hand, It shrinks as it goes in.
In almost all of your sprites that don't have definite legs, you make the left leg go inwards, overlapping the body. It shouldn't do this. Not only because the other foot doesn't do this, but it looks unnatural.
the shading on the face looks inconsistent (both of its sides are shaded :o )
Working on this PA, lineart so far
[Image: 42370325pa0.png]
Update, probably done,
[Image: 26760615rh0.png]
lol decks

Instead of making the lightsource from the side, I'd make it from the bottom. It helps with Dex's character.

I'd also make another shade between the black and the darkest blue.
You dither too much, and your dithering is really messy/noisy. Try to smooth the dithering out.
I tried smoothing out the dithering, and I did add an extra shade in between,
[Image: 98516085pd1.png]
honestly I hate dithering so I think it's terrible
BUT
if you get rid of the dithering closest to the seafoam green color then it may be salvagable
Bonechill, heavy WIP so far for the MFGG sprite compo 153. Right now I have the lineart for the cannon part finished. And I have a quick sketch so I know the basic size of what im making. C+C?
[Image: bonechillie5.png]
Pages: 1 2 3