The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Sprites from Cookie Clicker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How exactly would I do it? I've been looking around for a way to do it but I haven't gotten any luck. I've also seen that sprites have indeed been ripped from that game so I know it's possible. Anywho, how would it be done?
After a little bit of digging I found that all the sprites are available to just straight up grab here: http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/img/ If you submit them I would recommend looking at the existing sheets and trying to organise them in a similar fashion. Some of these sheets are already organised reasonably well but if you can think of something that makes more sense you should probably organise them in that way (for example this (original) vs this (on TSR)). And of course, sprites that are a single image on their own should be put into sheets manually too.

If you're looking for a specific sprite and not prepared to look through each of those images, that's a bit more work. You'll need to use your browser's Inspector (Firefox and Chrome bring it up using Ctrl + Shift + I), and then find the HTML chunk related to what you want, and then find the CSS related to that which specifies the image. It's a bit involved though so I'll only bother explaining it if you actually want to do that.
(05-12-2018, 10:26 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]After a little bit of digging I found that all the sprites are available to just straight up grab here: http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/img/ If you submit them I would recommend looking at the existing sheets and trying to organise them in a similar fashion. Some of these sheets are already organised reasonably well but if you can think of something that makes more sense you should probably organise them in that way (for example this (original) vs this (on TSR)). And of course, sprites that are a single image on their own should be put into sheets manually too.

If you're looking for a specific sprite and not prepared to look through each of those images, that's a bit more work. You'll need to use your browser's Inspector (Firefox and Chrome bring it up using Ctrl + Shift + I), and then find the HTML chunk related to what you want, and then find the CSS related to that which specifies the image. It's a bit involved though so I'll only bother explaining it if you actually want to do that.

I think the "img" link will be enough for me to look for sprites. Thank you!