The VG Resource

Full Version: Pac-Man World 2 Ripping Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have extracted the data of PMW2 and the files are in HXF,AMF and TPL

The game also dumped audio in the SAM,GCB,POO,PRO and SDI file types.

Does anyne know which programs can open/convert these files?
Good luck trying to convert them because 25 of the game's SFX are already on the Sounds Resources. Maybe, once you have figured them out, perhaps you can use VGSC, to convert those sound effects and then update the already existing sounds with ones you have. Make sure they have proper sound names at the least.
For the sounds, You can convert/get the rest of them to play in MFAudio but you’ll have to snip it out and re-adjust it’s speed as it’s exported into one single audio stream.
If you don't mind unrigged models. Ninja-ripper is able to detect the models from the PC version of the game. The only problem there is that it treats each group of a model as mesh and locates them to their default position. Meaning you'll need to assemble them yourself.

The PC version also has most of the sounds in windows-readable formats (.ogg, which is inside the netdata archives which can be opened with 7-zip). So it'd just be easier to use that version.
I also do kind of want to add the PS2 version uses a completely alien file format (PMI) which is a shame because there are a few files exclusive to that, Including an unused bell texture. ((Which I assume is probably like the one from the original first game on PSX))
I do have one question regaurding the PC version, Do the enviroment/level geomatry load differently from the console versions? I would love to get a hold of the entirety of Pac-Village but the Gamecube and PS2 versions appears to "erase" level geomatry and objects whenever your back is turned from certain objects or if you are far away enough.

Just curious if the PC version renders things any differently. I know the rendering objects are made nxf for the PC version while the geomatry for the GCN version is hxf, which is the same as the character model format for pretty much all versions.

[Image: pvK8DsQ.png]
(05-14-2018, 10:04 PM)Filler Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind unrigged models. Ninja-ripper is able to detect the models from the PC version of the game. The only problem there is that it treats each group of a model as mesh and locates them to their default position. Meaning you'll need to assemble them yourself.

The PC version also has most of the sounds in windows-readable formats (.ogg, which is inside the netdata archives which can be opened with 7-zip). So it'd just be easier to use that version.

That would be the music. How can I open the .Dat files which contain the SFX?
(05-18-2018, 05:03 PM)jak2130472 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 10:04 PM)Filler Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind unrigged models. Ninja-ripper is able to detect the models from the PC version of the game. The only problem there is that it treats each group of a model as mesh and locates them to their default position. Meaning you'll need to assemble them yourself.

That would be the music. How can I open the .Dat files which contain the SFX?

The actual level files should be RAR just like the other versions.
Good news: PMW2's file encryption formats aren't exclusive and the models can be converted
Bad news: This guide is old and he hasn't updated it at all to include the method for getting the models with UVs, Contacting him as we speak.

https://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Dead+to+Rights
(05-18-2018, 11:08 AM)SuperMario123311 Wrote: [ -> ]I do have one question regaurding the PC version, Do the enviroment/level geomatry load differently from the console versions? I would love to get a hold of the entirety of Pac-Village but the Gamecube and PS2 versions appears to "erase" level geomatry and objects whenever your back is turned from certain objects or if you are far away enough.

Just curious if the PC version renders things any differently. I know the rendering objects are made nxf for the PC version while the geomatry for the GCN version is hxf, which is the same as the character model format for pretty much all versions.

Do you have the extracted models still ?