The VG Resource

Full Version: Smithy's Custom FF-ish SSBB Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The sheet so far

This is something I'm doing in conjunction with my girlfriend's and my 8bit project (now christened "2 Souls' Tale" as of a few weeks prior) just for fun so I don't get burned out. I eventually plan to do every enemy and boss in this... FF...ish monster graphic style. Originally, it was going to be entirely in FF6 style, but the enemies didn't look right when I made them, so the style transformed into a derivative of the original with only the colors and height scaling being carried over.

C+C is appreciated, but I can't garauntee changes right away.
Everything looks great :P

Shaydas is Shweet :o
Wow! Thats really good smithy, for my crit I think that Banzai Bill may have a lil too much dither in it's eye, seems unnecessary, but otherwise I think its great. I love that greap.
(12-22-2008, 03:01 AM)Subomi~Chan Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Thats really good smithy, for my crit I think that Banzai Bill may have a lil too much dither in it's eye, seems unnecessary, but otherwise I think its great. I love that greap.

That's kind of due to the fact that I wanted it to appear painted on rather than an actual eye. :p But, thanks for the crit anyway.
(12-22-2008, 03:11 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2008, 03:01 AM)Subomi~Chan Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Thats really good smithy, for my crit I think that Banzai Bill may have a lil too much dither in it's eye, seems unnecessary, but otherwise I think its great. I love that greap.

That's kind of due to the fact that I wanted it to appear painted on rather than an actual eye. :p But, thanks for the crit anyway.

Oh ok, feel free to disregard then. Good job though.
They're all great, but I think the Botan'd look better if he was less "liney" on the inside of the sprite.

But its awesome, dude. I wanna see the progress on the 8-bit project though, seriously. =D
the Greap's blades look weird. Maybe if you make it a bit more curvy?
Yeah Gorsal is right, Greap has Scythes as weapons. Other than that you got him spot on.
I don't like the shading on Bytan. It needs to be smoother, but great stuff, I like the Bonzai Bill!
I like them all except Botan. I guess it's the shading that makes him look wierd. I don't know..

I like how you made the eyes look like they were painted on the banzai bill. Nice use of dithering. Everything is top notch, sir. You get a star cookie! Big Grin
Holy shit that's awesome.
My only crit is the too red big light on Shaydas
That is just awesome.
It's great.
Hahaha these are so cool.
These are fantastic. Still though, is it just me or does Bytan's shape seem less than circular? I would suggest adding a pixel to the longest sides of Bytan.
Pages: 1 2