The VG Resource

Full Version: Windows 95 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks.

I have 2 Windows 95 games I want to rip from, but the installers do not work on my computer since it's 64-bit.

If anyone with a non-64-bit computer can attempt to install these and, if successful, hand me the program files so that I may take the ripping process from there, it'd be much appreciated.

I wish I didn't have to do this but as of right now, I have no other choice.

PM me if you wish to volunteer and I'll give the files needed to install to you.
What OS are you running? Depending on the version, some include a feature called "Windows XP Mode" that lets you run a free XP virtual machine where you could run the install and extract the files. You could also spin up a VM with a number of free 3rd party tools like VirtualBox. Just might save you some time instead of waiting on someone with a 32-bit OS.
Windows 10. I've tried Windows XP compatability modes but they failed to get the installers to work.

The VM tools thing I haven't thought of though. I'll try that and see where it gets me.
It's not compatibility settings that I was referring to - it's basically a built-in Windows XP virtual machine. But I don't think it was included with Windows 10 so VirtualBox is going to be your best bet.
(03-02-2018, 12:40 AM)Twister Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 10. I've tried Windows XP compatability modes but they failed to get the installers to work.

The VM tools thing I haven't thought of though. I'll try that and see where it gets me.

The Windows XP mode : https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download...px?id=8002
but on Windows 10, yes you will probably need VMWare.
Also some setups can be extractable directly, try to extract the setup.exe with 7zip or the cab files (cabinet archive).

Last solution is dualboot, but since you use Windows 10 it will probably not work, since they don't use same partition systems (MBR).