The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Hero generation (and a rant i guess)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ever heard of it?

a crossover game with Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Gundam characters
it was on the PS3 and PS Vita....

i recently tried extracting the models from the PS Vita version, i succeeded in that,
but can't figure out how to convert them to a usable format (Obj, Dae, etc...)

i did follow a thread on Xentax where someone tried the same thing... they used
Hex2Obj. i tried using it.... but i suck with Hex editing.... at least i could identify the model
names but that's the maximum of my Hex skills.

but i still try, cause i want to bring cool things to the community NOT just for my benefit,
but others; what's the point of extracting/ripping models if it's just for you ya know?

funny; that's why i started ripping/extracting was because someone was being selfish
and i couldn't stand it

i think that's enough talking today....
gotta return to my usual stomping grounds
This is a big project! I'm working on the method, too
well, not everyone is:
1. Interested into the game
2. Wants to breastfeed you with everithing
i am no pro, and to reverse this kind of thing it requires lots of time/knowledge. those ripping pros aren't getting 1 cent out of it, they are doing it for fun on the thing they enjoy the most between school/work/real life.
It sucks, but there are tons of x86 assembly tutorials, or into this forum/xentax how to reverse those formats.

Quote:you know the bigwigs here on VGR

like... The ones that can see this forum without problems?
If you want something quick, look at other games you want to rip that are already reversed
(02-27-2018, 04:36 PM)DrifterDx Wrote: [ -> ]i would ask on the ripping forums for help but you know the bigwigs here on VGR
"we don't do things FOR you, we show what to do to help yourself"

translation: "here's a tool/forum, have fun, go away, i'm busy"

I don't remember saying anything like this (also, this is uh...this sure is a rant).  "We're busy" because we've got hundreds of things to approve in submission queues. If we were just a bunch of freelancing goons that ripped every obscure game on players' whims that'd be hella dope but a lot of us have jobs and other responsibilities that put food on the table. This...doesn't. Most of the ripping around here is done for fun or by hobbyists. Users rip things from the games they're interested in. We learned how to do these things because we're interested in them, and...also asking people to do things for you for free doesn't really go over well.

Though now you've piqued my interest.
(02-27-2018, 04:36 PM)DrifterDx Wrote: [ -> ]not everyone is computer savvy, i was late to the party. i JUST learned about the
command prompt, or that a computer even had that function. not everyone knows
this stuff off the bat or has the time to.

How on earth are you able to goof around with models and modeling when you've only just realized computers had command prompts. Thinking
Just to add to this, I'd like to point out that insulting the staff here really isn't the smartest method to getting your rips. As Kosheh mentioned, those who do actually rip content here do so for fun and focus on the games they enjoy. It looks like you started trying to learn how to do this yourself so I'd recommend you keep that up because you're right - we are busy. At the time of this writing, there are 4,373 pending submissions and that doesn't count the games or revisions that are also waiting. We have a small staff whose primary responsibility is to make sure the site continues to run and that the content that people submit is reviewed.

There are plenty of people here who might be willing to help you if you had actually asked politely instead of going on a self-entitled rant about how it's no fair that we don't want to bend to your every whim. The reality is that we don't just choose not to do things because we want to be mean and make you learn (though you should be eager to learn if this is what you're into). It's because we literally don't have time to rip every random thing that every single person wants. So when you're offered help, it's because someone might have an idea but not the hours of time required to implement it. This community is anything but selfish but you do need to earn that generosity and this isn't how you go about it.

As a side note though, if you're that desperate for these models, there's always the commissions forum. Offer to pay someone for their hard work and you might get what you're looking for without any learning required.
Wow, i just read my last thread....

what was i on?

sorry to the VG resource staff (if any were offended)

i guess i was very frustrated, well at least right now i extracted the models from mentioned game...
just gotta wait for a program to come out to convert them to a usable format....

i think i should just cancel my account here all together...
i am rarely on this site anyway
Come on, man. We all make mistakes. Smile That's what makes us all human.

I'm sure the staff will tell you the same, unless you did something to get yourself banned. I don't know the whole story, but yeah. Don't be so hard on yourself. Smile
You learned from what you were told and that’s always most important.
You can use what you learned to ensure that it won’t happen again.
I would hate to see you leave over this because I believe the mistake would still potentially haunt you if you did.
(03-13-2018, 10:02 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2018, 04:36 PM)DrifterDx Wrote: [ -> ]i would ask on the ripping forums for help but you know the bigwigs here on VGR
"we don't do things FOR you, we show what to do to help yourself"

translation: "here's a tool/forum, have fun, go away, i'm busy"

I don't remember saying anything like this (also, this is uh...this sure is a rant).  "We're busy" because we've got hundreds of things to approve in submission queues. If we were just a bunch of freelancing goons that ripped every obscure game on players' whims that'd be hella dope but a lot of us have jobs and other responsibilities that put food on the table. This...doesn't. Most of the ripping around here is done for fun or by hobbyists. Users rip things from the games they're interested in. We learned how to do these things because we're interested in them, and...also asking people to do things for you for free doesn't really go over well.

Though now you've piqued my interest.
(02-27-2018, 04:36 PM)DrifterDx Wrote: [ -> ]not everyone is computer savvy, i was late to the party. i JUST learned about the
command prompt, or that a computer even had that function. not everyone knows
this stuff off the bat or has the time to.

How on earth are you able to goof around with models and modeling when you've only just realized computers had command prompts. Thinking

i apologize for my behavior in this thread to all staff members, i was very frustrated,

guess the best answer i can give is "dumb luck" and the drive to bring new things to the community.

For those just reading this toxic Thread

know that I greatly regret what i said here....
i was frustrated and angry and shouldn't have blamed
my problems on the Staff or the Vg commumity.

i hope you can forgive me and not think ill of me.
i barely even remember when i wrote this thread but
i can see i wasn't in control. [Image: cry.png]

if i could delete this thread i would but for some reason
i can't

(03-13-2018, 04:38 AM)Kendotlibero Wrote: [ -> ]well, not everyone is:
1. Interested into the game
2. Wants to breastfeed you with everithing
i am no pro, and to reverse this kind of thing it requires lots of time/knowledge. those ripping pros aren't getting 1 cent out of it, they are doing it for fun on the thing they enjoy the most between school/work/real life.
It sucks, but there are tons of x86 assembly tutorials, or into this forum/xentax how to reverse those formats.

Quote:you know the bigwigs here on VGR

like... The ones that can see this forum without problems?
If you want something quick, look at other games you want to rip that are already reversed

I apologize for my behavior in this thread, your right, i shouldn't expect things spoonfed to me.

(03-14-2018, 12:30 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Just to add to this, I'd like to point out that insulting the staff here really isn't the smartest method to getting your rips. As Kosheh mentioned, those who do actually rip content here do so for fun and focus on the games they enjoy. It looks like you started trying to learn how to do this yourself so I'd recommend you keep that up because you're right - we are busy. At the time of this writing, there are 4,373 pending submissions and that doesn't count the games or revisions that are also waiting. We have a small staff whose primary responsibility is to make sure the site continues to run and that the content that people submit is reviewed.

There are plenty of people here who might be willing to help you if you had actually asked politely instead of going on a self-entitled rant about how it's no fair that we don't want to bend to your every whim. The reality is that we don't just choose not to do things because we want to be mean and make you learn (though you should be eager to learn if this is what you're into). It's because we literally don't have time to rip every random thing that every single person wants. So when you're offered help, it's because someone might have an idea but not the hours of time required to implement it. This community is anything but selfish but you do need to earn that generosity and this isn't how you go about it.

As a side note though, if you're that desperate for these models, there's always the commissions forum. Offer to pay someone for their hard work and you might get what you're looking for without any learning required.

I deeply apologize for my behavior in this thread, i barely remember making this toxic rant but i regret it now.
you are right; insulting people doesn't get you anywhere. what was i thinking then? 

i only seek forgiveness
(03-17-2018, 01:46 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, man. We all make mistakes. Smile That's what makes us all human.

I'm sure the staff will tell you the same, unless you did something to get yourself banned. I don't know the whole story, but yeah. Don't be so hard on yourself. Smile

yes true....

but i should be more professional than this....
not insulting the staff cause i was frustrated
Yeah, but you learned from it, right? I'm assuming you won't do it again? Smile
(03-17-2018, 07:41 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but you learned from it, right? I'm assuming you won't do it again? Smile

yes i have learned my lession and won't do it again
So in all honesty, I don't think they'll take action that strict against you.
(03-17-2018, 07:52 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]So in all honesty, I don't think they'll take action that strict against you.

I just hope the people I offended can forgive me....

i just replied to everyone who replied and apologized for
my behavior
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much, here at VGR we're generally nice and understanding folks. I get what it's like to be frustrated, I have been before.
Pages: 1 2