The VG Resource

Full Version: Software for decompiling a .swf (Flash) file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I plan on ripping files from a browser game, and so far I have downloaded the .swf file of said game, now I just need to find a way to open/download the resources.

I know 3 different types of software, but the cheapest is $80...I'm hoping there is a way to do it for free, if possible. The old tutorials on here either use the same 3 types, or others which are not available these days (so it seems!).

edit: ARGH I still ended up posting in the wrong section
The JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler Is what you're looking for.
Move to Spriter's Resource - Ripping Help. I think it fit fine in General Ripping (since this seems to cover any resources), but you requested the move yourself.
(02-25-2018, 03:21 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]The JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler Is what you're looking for.

Ok so this might sound weird but...how do you open this thing? I can't see any executable files inside...

Huh yeah I guess it would have been ok in general.
(02-26-2018, 11:59 AM)Silversea Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so this might sound weird but...how do you open this thing? I can't see any executable files inside...
Check the "Releases" tab, under the "Latest" label.
jpexs ffdec