The VG Resource

Full Version: Tried to make a sonic sprite sheet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i tried to make a sonic sprite sheet, how does it look?
looks good, the shading and colour palette is pretty nice. however, the running sprite looks really awkward, his height is very different compared to the others. one tip would be to select a section that is just the torso and the head, copy and paste it, and then work your running sprites from there. other than that it's really good.
thank you, ill be sure to use your advice to try to make it look better!! and also thank you for saying the pallete looks nice, i tried to pick good colors, and make sure they where apealing to the eye Genki ^_^
The ball sprite could use a bright shine on it, and the wheel-o-feet could be moved down a bit, 'cos it kind of looks a little too cramped on Sonic's body. Also, the arms on those could be moved back a bit. But other than that, it's looking great so far. Shading is nice, proportions are good. Keep up the great work!
thank you, im gonna fix it today.
I NEVER FIXED IT, HOLY S--T, I'M GONNA F---ING DIE.
Well, I might of fixed it, I don't even know, but uh, man, it's been like a year,
I wonder if i even still have the sheet, if I do, I'll post it, since I think I kept working on it.

EDIT: Okay, so i found them, had a lot of digging to do, I'm not even sure if these are the same to what I posted originally.
That being said, There's a lot more sprites then I was expecting to see in the sheets, this are from back around, 2017-2018
No idea if some of these aren't 100% the full sprite sheet, I used to work on this sheet all the time, I don't have access to the
real file where everything was all together anymore, due to me breaking my computer like the idiot I am.
There's also an animation test that's too big to attach, so I'll post a link to it.
Link to the test animation
The eyes should go up a bit more, Sonic looks kinda bored here. (unless this was meant to be a Sonic Movie redesign)
These are, really old, like from before there was even talk of a sonic movie.