The VG Resource

Full Version: [Spica] Bones scaling after export
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip models from Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (3ds) to some percentage of success.
My hurdle at the moment is that bones are scaled when I export the t-pose.
When I export an animation, it's perfect.

Here is a Sabrecub in its t-pose as viewed in Spica:
[Image: QWf0WZW.png]
The same specimen exported:
[Image: IXf34l5.png]
[insert some pun about the break world here]
[Image: JWyd0Wh.png]
Walking and all that other cute stuff is normal.

I originally tried Ohana but it had issues with textures. Exporting Sabrecub from Ohana keeps the model intact, but with the same partially-shrunken skeleton. It doesn't work well unless you'd want only the model.

My 3D program is 3ds max, Blender is like comprehending another plane of existence to me.
The game uses the .bch extension for its models and animations, if that's any help.

I've attached a .zip containing the .bch file from the game (no animation), and the t-pose and walk .dae files pulled from Spica. Are they coming up this way for you too?
(01-25-2018, 05:24 AM)Okaps Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to rip models from Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (3ds) to some percentage of success.
My hurdle at the moment is that bones are scaled when I export the t-pose.
When I export an animation, it's perfect.

Here is a Sabrecub in its t-pose as viewed in Spica:
[Image: QWf0WZW.png]
The same specimen exported:
[Image: IXf34l5.png]
[insert some pun about the break world here]
[Image: JWyd0Wh.png]
Walking and all that other cute stuff is normal.

I originally tried Ohana but it had issues with textures. Exporting Sabrecub from Ohana keeps the model intact, but with the same partially-shrunken skeleton. It doesn't work well unless you'd want only the model.

My 3D program is 3ds max, Blender is like comprehending another plane of existence to me.
The game uses the .bch extension for its models and animations, if that's any help.

I've attached a .zip containing the .bch file from the game (no animation), and the t-pose and walk .dae files pulled from Spica. Are they coming up this way for you too?

Do you have any other character models like villagers or just people?