The VG Resource

Full Version: MameUI ripping help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the latest version of MameUI v.1.8.2 and I have been having trouble getting the sprite viewer to show up.

I tried googling around and most of the websites mentioned pressing "F4" when the game is running and then "Enter" key to switch between different viewers.
I tried pressing "F4" and it shows up the gpu:palette viewer just fine. However, I am unable to switch between the sprite viewer and tile viewer when pressing "Enter" key

I am not sure if it only works in certain versions of the Mame but is there a way to fix it?

Best Regards,
This happens because whatever game you're trying to rip doesn't support it. Not all games allow to view the sprites.
(01-08-2018, 08:20 AM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: [ -> ]This happens because whatever game you're trying to rip doesn't support it. Not all games allow to view the sprites.

Ah. Ok. Sad

Guess I will have to use screen capture then... Thanks.
Which game is this? I do know Battletoads doesn't allow the F4 key. And Sega games require some files to be merged for the sprites to display properly on the tile viewer.
Ragey mentions how he ripped SegaSonic here: [LINK]
(01-08-2018, 08:18 PM)Dolphman Wrote: [ -> ]Which game is this? I do know Battletoads doesn't allow the F4 key. And Sega games require some files to be merged for the sprites to display properly on the tile viewer.
Ragey mentions how he ripped SegaSonic here: [LINK]

Someone is helping me on the ripping. The games I am trying to rip are

- Night Raid
- Kororin's Weather Tales
- Psyvaria
- Xii Stag
- Shikigami no Shiro

They all used the same hardware system Taito G-Net but I can't get the tile/sprite viewer to work on any of those.
No, Tile viewer doesn't work with G-net games. That said all those games have portsvto Dreamcast or PC, you'll might have more luck with these.
(01-10-2018, 07:59 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: [ -> ]No, Tile viewer doesn't work with G-net games. That said all those games have portsvto Dreamcast or PC, you'll might have more luck with these.

Thanks for the info. I managed to get the textures/sprites from 2 of the games with the PS1 port along with V-Ram viewer.

Is there a similar tool for PS2 emulator? I have tried using TextMod but it either crashed or with incomplete textures captured...