The VG Resource

Full Version: An attempt at a style :o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to try Subomi~chan's style, so I tried :\
Attempted Jigglypuff, Plusle and Minun (which are small edits :s)

[attachment=1655]
Very cute! X3
Though, i see that Jigglypuff's feet look a little odd, and i'd suggest making the Plusle and Minun's heads wider by a pixel, or making them less round. Their ears also look a bit odd. XD
Very nice start, though. Can't wait to see moar 8D
Plusle and Minun needs their outlines to fit the style, and Jigglypuff looks tilted and not spherical. Not bad overall, and I do like what you did with Plusle & Minun.
(12-18-2008, 11:20 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Plusle and Minun needs their outlines to fit the style, and Jigglypuff looks tilted and not spherical. Not bad overall, and I do like what you did with Plusle & Minun.

I'll fix what you said, but I made Jigglypuff like that if there was an Idle for each character, ex. Jigglypuff sways her whole body from left > right < left >right, etc. but if not, I'll fix it, and thnx for the Plusle and Minun CC, but what did I do that you liked? The idea that their a team character (ex, Ice Climbers)? Or something else?
(12-19-2008, 12:55 AM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2008, 11:20 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Plusle and Minun needs their outlines to fit the style, and Jigglypuff looks tilted and not spherical. Not bad overall, and I do like what you did with Plusle & Minun.

I'll fix what you said, but I made Jigglypuff like that if there was an Idle for each character, ex. Jigglypuff sways her whole body from left > right < left >right, etc. but if not, I'll fix it, and thnx for the Plusle and Minun CC, but what did I do that you liked? The idea that their a team character (ex, Ice Climbers)? Or something else?

It's something regarding the line art, but I couldn't tell you what about it exactly; I'm not exactly sure myself. But whatever it is, it fits the characters. One other thing: I think their skin colors could stand to be a smidgen more saturated.
(12-19-2008, 12:59 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2008, 12:55 AM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]

It's something regarding the line art, but I couldn't tell you what about it exactly; I'm not exactly sure myself. But whatever it is, it fits the characters. One other thing: I think their skin colors could stand to be a smidgen more saturated.
Gotcha, Thnx Tongue
Not bad, but the problem is that there's too much AA, you gotta remember, this is a simple style, so theres no need for that much to go on. The hard thing about this style, is the sprite has to look like the character as much as you can, I've tried plusle in the style if you want to see it, so you know how it could look like to help on later sprites.
On a note similar to Subomi's, Plusle and Minun seem to have too shading for the style, comparing them to Pikachu-- By 'shading' I mean the shading on their heads, because there's not much shading anywhere else.
Eh, now that I look at the digimon in Subomi's sig, it may not be too much. Perhaps I've gone insane.

Also: Jigglypuff may supposed to be tilted, but at the very least it should be circular instead of flat around its outside.
(12-19-2008, 02:15 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]On a note similar to Subomi's, Plusle and Minun seem to have too shading for the style, comparing them to Pikachu-- By 'shading' I mean the shading on their heads, because there's not much shading anywhere else.
Eh, now that I look at the digimon in Subomi's sig, it may not be too much. Perhaps I've gone insane.

Also: Jigglypuff may supposed to be tilted, but at the very least it should be circular instead of flat around its outside.

I'll fix what both of you said :P

And Subomi~Chan, I would like to see your version of Plusle if you don't mind :P
(12-19-2008, 12:11 PM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]I'll fix what both of you said Tongue

And Subomi~Chan, I would like to see your version of Plusle if you don't mind Tongue

Sure:

[Image: plusleko1.png]

Plusle has really long ears, and it's body is actually bigger than the head, and in yours the red color was too close with the dark yellow. And they don't have the exact same eyes as pikachu.
(12-19-2008, 03:36 PM)Subomi~Chan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2008, 12:11 PM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]I'll fix what both of you said :P

And Subomi~Chan, I would like to see your version of Plusle if you don't mind :P

Sure:

[Image: plusleko1.png]

Plusle has really long ears, and it's body is actually bigger than the head, and in yours the red color was too close with the dark yellow. And they don't have the exact same eyes as pikachu.

Man, your is Better XD, but thnx for the ref and the Crit, I'll fix him and Plusle a bit more :P