The VG Resource

Full Version: Help with ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am trying to rip Mario from NSMBW, and when I was trying to apply textures to his head and eyes (they're both a single model with two different parts), the eyes came out weird. They came out like this:

[Image: RiDDvDT.png]

Anyone know how to fix this?

And yes, I didn't do the rest of the head yet.
To save on memory, MDL0 models can have materials set to "mirror" the surface.
The easiest, most accurate way to fix this would be to do the same to the actual texture.
(01-01-2018, 10:46 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]To save on memory, MDL0 models can have materials set to "mirror" the surface.
The easiest, most accurate way to fix this would be to do the same to the actual texture.

Ok, but how do I do this?

EDIT: I am running 3ds Max 2018.
You wouldn't do that in Max, you would do it in an image editor such as GIMP or PhotoShop. Simply double the width of the canvas size, copy the texture over to the other half, and flip it.
(01-02-2018, 02:04 AM)JerseyXS97 Wrote: [ -> ]You wouldn't do that in Max, you would do it in an image editor such as GIMP or PhotoShop. Simply double the width of the canvas size, copy the texture over to the other half, and flip it.

Ok, I get what you mean. So the file I open in Photoshop is the texture?
OK, I did the eyes and mouth and even did the rest too.

But what is this? The hair is poking through the hat.

[Image: UuXRWHX.png]

I've heard to fix it, you have to "mirror" it, but I don't know how to do it.

If anyone knows, please reply.
(01-02-2018, 03:43 PM)CopyPigman Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I did the eyes and mouth and even did the rest too.

This is normal. When Mario's hat is shown, his hair is hidden and vice versa.
The term "mirror" was in reference to the texture issue you originally had.

If you wanted to make a render for the submission icons, you would either make the hair partially transparent (so people who download the model know that it's still there), or hide the hair.
(01-02-2018, 06:45 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2018, 03:43 PM)CopyPigman Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I did the eyes and mouth and even did the rest too.

This is normal. When Mario's hat is shown, his hair is hidden and vice versa.
The term "mirror" was in reference to the texture issue you originally had.

If you wanted to make a render for the submission icons, you would either make the hair partially transparent (so people who download the model know that it's still there), or hide the hair.
How do I hide the hair?
(01-03-2018, 02:22 PM)CopyPigman Wrote: [ -> ]How do I hide the hair?
In Blender, select the hair mesh and press the 'H' key.