The VG Resource

Full Version: Catherine game rips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm incredibly new to this but I really want to figure out the correct way to rip the models from the ps3/360 game "Catherine". If anyone could help me or point me in the right direction that's be great. Thanks in advance. Heart
Well, this guy https://mvegeta.deviantart.com/ made some models from Catherine for XNALara, I think he could help.
(12-29-2017, 08:14 AM)Doronetty Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this guy https://mvegeta.deviantart.com/ made some models from Catherine for XNALara, I think he could help.

I tried sending them a pm but have yet to hear back; and the last time he posted anything was in November. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'd try to rip the game files manually but I'm not sure how to go about doing it unless it's easy enough to pop the ps3 disc into a cd drive and manually rip it.
Ripping games/assets from games from console is not that easy. first you have to install custom firmware to the console, then you'll want to acquire a software called Multiman to extract to game from the PS3 to an external hard drive, make sure the hard drive is formatted as FAT32, as NTFS might not work. here's a video tutorial on how to rip PS3 games from your console. I'm not sure if it works on downloaded titles or not, so you may need the game disc. But anyway, that's just to rip the game itself, I'm not sure you'll have direct access to the files because I've never actually done a PS3 rip, but since you'll likely only get an ISO of the game there are more steps. However since I don't know about actually ripping files from the games and many use different file types there likely isn't a universal ripping tool, but try using Ninja Ripper, you'll also want Noesis to edit the models, and possibly convert them so that you can use Blender to apply the textures, although I think Noesis can apply textures too, Blender is far easier. I'm pretty sure it is not necessary, but you can also try using a PS3 Emulator to rip the games, although I don't know if it'll work.
(01-03-2018, 03:01 PM)Warechu Wrote: [ -> ]Ripping games/assets from games from console is not that easy. first you have to install custom firmware to the console, then you'll want to acquire a software called Multiman to extract to game from the PS3 to an external hard drive, make sure the hard drive is formatted as FAT32, as NTFS might not work. here's a video tutorial on how to rip PS3 games from your console. I'm not sure if it works on downloaded titles or not, so you may need the game disc. But anyway, that's just to rip the game itself, I'm not sure you'll have direct access to the files because I've never actually done a PS3 rip, but since you'll likely only get an ISO of the game there are more steps. However since I don't know about actually ripping files from the games and many use different file types there likely isn't a universal ripping tool, but try using Ninja Ripper, you'll also want Noesis to edit the models, and possibly convert them so that you can use Blender to apply the textures, although I think Noesis can apply textures too, Blender is far easier. I'm pretty sure it is not necessary, but you can also try using a PS3 Emulator to rip the games, although I don't know if it'll work.

Ah thank you! I do have the game cd but my ps3 is actually busted so that's not going to work. I'm wary of trying to hunt an iso down for the game too (since most of those links are usually viruses...) unless anyone has any ideas on how to go about grabbing it since I do own the game. 

Again, thank you for your input and suggestions. I'm extremely new to all this but learning Xnarla and MMD has me wanting the cast ripped and rigged (especially Katherine), and since it hasn't been done much aside from Vincent and Catherine, I figured I'd try to learn how to do it myself.
Queenie, look at this thread: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=...=Catherine
And I quoting one useful post:
"If I remember correctly, you open up Catherine's iso in wx360, then extract the data.cvm file. Use a program like Apache 3 to extract the cvm file, and there should be a folder called "Character"
The models are the .nif files, use the blender script to import them into blender, the textures will be extracted to the folder the model is in in dds format. Some of the models won't import correctly, no idea why."
Good luck to rip models and please upload them here Wink
(01-05-2018, 05:16 AM)Doronetty Wrote: [ -> ]Queenie, look at this thread: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=...=Catherine
And I quoting one useful post:
"If I remember correctly, you open up Catherine's iso in wx360, then extract the data.cvm file. Use a program like Apache 3 to extract the cvm file, and there should be a folder called "Character"
The models are the .nif files, use the blender script to import them into blender, the textures will be extracted to the folder the model is in in dds format. Some of the models won't import correctly, no idea why."
Good luck to rip models and please upload them here Wink

Thank you so so much for this info! I'll look into it right away! I have a dds to png format so that should fix the texture issues (and oddly enough if any are missing, they're all in the catherine p5 dlc texture folders. I found out from opening an already done xps file of them. 
All I need is the ISO and then I can try for certain, I'll keep looking into this for sure. Again thank you so much!! I'll be certain to upload them if this turns out successful! Heart
So far so good, got most of the files (some do indeed not work, not even viewing in noesis)  however Blender is being stubborn and not allowing the script  made for this game to import... I'll keep looking into this and jump over to sound help as well since I'm having issues with those as well.
This is what it comes up with when I try to run the script this error pops up
[Image: jYn.png]
If anyone knows a workaround this please let me know. I have the nif import/exporter add on, however it only imports the bones so this script is needed it seems.
You could also try Noesis, it has support for Gamebryo NIFs which is the engine the game uses. If this also doesn't work then the NIF version used might be too old, or is a modified version of it. Make sure to set the main output file type to .dae COLLADA for things with rigging and not lazily hit convert since the main output file type is set to .OBJ WaveFront OBJ by default and this kills the rigging.
(01-07-2018, 07:01 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
You could also try Noesis, it has support for Gamebryo NIFs which is the engine the game uses. If this also doesn't work then the NIF version used might be too old, or is a modified version of it. Make sure to set the main output file type to .dae COLLADA for things with rigging and not lazily hit convert since the main output file type is set to .OBJ WaveFront OBJ by default and this kills the rigging.

Thank you, this worked! I'm just in the process of getting all the files sorted and then I'll try to figure out how to actually upload them! Again thank you guys so much for all the help, it really means a lot! Heart
Alright, now there's a new set of problems.

This is what the file looks like normally.

[Image: jt4.png]

When I export as a Dae or any format, it turns into this in noesis

[Image: jtC.png]
The odd particles, loss of texture seem to carry forward too.

In blender it turns into this when imported.
[Image: jtQ.png]

I tried nifskope too and they're missing their faces, multiple limbs and shadows as well. If anyone has any idea on how to work around this please contact me as this issue of complications is what's keeping me from sharing the models.
Edit - I'm attempting to see if there will be different results from using the 360 iso instead of the ps3's. I'll post results in a bit.
Months later and nothing different happened with the 360 rip other than getting almost every model instead of only the first 8. The file format is difficult to try and convert. I've tried installing the old version of blender as well but anytime I try to it doesn't download the phythons and therefore I can't add the scripts needed to even import the files. I've tried noesis and the same happens as before. Unity of all things can get rid of the blocky textures but still no avail. Half the models have difficult fixes and im too much of a novice to really know what to do. If anyone wants to try and assist with this, dm me and I'll see about uploading the files to a drive or mega or something.
(01-08-2018, 02:28 PM)queenie Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, now there's a new set of problems.

I tried nifskope too and they're missing their faces, multiple limbs and shadows as well. If anyone has any idea on how to work around this please contact me as this issue of complications is what's keeping me from sharing the models.

I'm not really an expert about this but I have seen this sort of issue with some P5 models I got, you could try 2 things:

1.- Select one of the meshes (Lets say her shirt), go into edit mode and making sure you have all the vertices selected press Ctrl + N so it recalculates the normals, also dont forget to delete doubles first.
If this however didn't worked then try...
2.-Select one of the meshes and press Ctrl + 2 (Not 2 from the numpad btw or you could go into the modifiers tab and add a Subdivision Surface) and that should fix the issue.

Usually doing those two things worked for me. Since im new I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask for the files to check them from my side.
(03-09-2018, 11:40 PM)Yami84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 02:28 PM)queenie Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, now there's a new set of problems.

I'm not really an expert about this but I have seen this sort of issue with some P5 models I got, you could try 2 things:

1.- Select one of the meshes (Lets say her shirt), go into edit mode and making sure you have all the vertices selected press Ctrl + N so it recalculates the normals, also dont forget to delete doubles first.
If this however didn't worked then try...
2.-Select one of the meshes and press Ctrl + 2 (Not 2 from the numpad btw or you could go into the modifiers tab and add a Subdivision Surface) and that should fix the issue.

Usually doing those two things worked for me. Since im new I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask for the files to check them from my side.
Ah, I figured a way to fix her arms very easily (gotta love plugin add ons making bones less annoying), but the actual issues with the uv maps still persist and come up all block like. The models look fine on cutout mode in unity; but it makes editing or making sure the mesh and all are in the right place dificult since it defaults to black or that glaring pink when no textures are found as well.

I'll def try your suggestions on these when I get the chance and if nothing works I can try and send some of the files over since I'm in the process of putting them on a mega drive.
Pages: 1 2