The VG Resource

Full Version: Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon (3ds) Ripping help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently I have started on a quest to rip Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. So far I have managed to rip my own copy, and decrypt and rip down to the directories. Of course this is where I have become stuck.

So far I have discovered 4 types of Files in the dump so far:

.BNK Files
Fairly simple: Sound files, But when I try to convert them they throw me an error:

[Image: qjWpQCm.png]
Beyond there, no progress on conversion has been made.

.DATA files
These appear to be the main container files for the game, which I imagine hold models, textures and animations, and more. So far, with me being a complete novice and have no idea what he's doing, I have made little progress on attempting to convert these.

[Image: 1MaPw9X.png]

[Image: Yu5KREw.png]
Any help with this, should you happen to be or know someone who might have some idea of what to do beyond here, would be greatly appreciated.

I am completely clueless beyond here.

.DICT Files
These appear to be some kind of debug or I'm guessing dictionary file?...

Not sure if these will really be touched on much.

.CONFIG Files
Fairly self explanitory, these contain configuration for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, proving that basic modding is possible if one were to repack the game after have done the modding.

[Image: QvRUuaY.png]

[Image: 84LSSXp.png]

For now, this is all that I've found, And I have no idea where to go from here in the ripping process. If anyone can and decides to help, thank you.
As in regards to sharing files if you do decide to, I think I can get away with sharing individual game files, though I'm not entirely sure, so clarification there would helpful.