The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Forces PC (.pac/.pac.000)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Might as well get this ball rolling. Have a look, see what can be done, need any more files, let me know.

Dropbox Link
Personally I have no idea what to do with these models but i'm happy that someone is helping get started and did the most complicated part.
Hope someone finds a way to get the models soon.
To anybody with the technical know-hows on cracking archives
https://github.com/arukibree/libgens-son...-lostworld

In the link above, the program called pacpack.exe is meant for extracting lost world .pac files. Seeing as how this just an updated version of the archive from lost world albeit with some different header, someone around here more familiar with cracking archives may be able to make a few minor tweaks to the source code of the application linked above. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for someone like Dario FF on Sonic Retro to update his own program before being able to open the .pac files. Then after THAT you'll have to wait for a model converter because I'm sure the model format has been updated as well. I'd say within a week or two you'll definitely start to see export tools for the game and maybe within a month or so you'll see modding.

In the meantime, me not being a cpp programmer thus making the above link useless to me, I'm trying to get a QuickBMS script working before they release anything, but this archive is kinda weird to work with. I'll keep you updated (maybe)
(11-07-2017, 08:57 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]Might as well get this ball rolling. Have a look, see what can be done, need any more files, let me know.

Dropbox Link

Hey u think u can get the enemy pac or stages?
(11-10-2017, 09:50 PM)Sonic3Dcreator/HavHog Wrote: [ -> ]Hey u think u can get the enemy pac or stages?
If you want more files from the game, you gotta get 'em from the game yourself. You don't even have the right requirements to be able to make requests anyway.
(11-10-2017, 10:03 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 09:50 PM)Sonic3Dcreator/HavHog Wrote: [ -> ]Hey u think u can get the enemy pac or stages?
If you want more files from the game, you gotta get 'em from the game yourself. You don't even have the right requirements to be able to make requests anyway.

Well i dohave the game but crack version and did not play i was scrolling around for the game file and i was wondering if we can find game files in the crack version?
(11-10-2017, 10:23 PM)Sonic3Dcreator/HavHog Wrote: [ -> ]Well i dohave the game but crack version and did not play i was scrolling around for the game file and i was wondering if we can find game files in the crack version?
Unpack the CPKs in the image\x64\disk path with CriPackedFileMaker (both Noesis and QuickBMS crash when trying to unpack wars_0.cpk), then the files you're looking for will be easy enough to find.
I've ripped a few things but I'll wait until the pac ripper and modelfb work properly (have actual filenames, and rigging/vertex normals)
Okay, since Dario made a lot more progress on Forces archives, you can forget my BMS script as things are moving pretty quickly over on his end
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s...ntry916592

Just stay up to date on this thread and we'll soon be able to rip forces content properly
Can someone tell me how to unpack the .pac files i need the sonic forces model and the enemies models?
(11-14-2017, 08:31 PM)Sonic3Dcreator/HavHog Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me how to unpack the .pac files i need the sonic forces model and the enemies models?

There's a Discord server ran by a guy known as Skyth or something like that. Within that Discord, they're working on ripping Forces and swapping around sometimes to attempt to mod it. If you look up his Twitter, you'll find a link to his server and maybe there you can get answers.
(11-15-2017, 02:06 PM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 08:31 PM)Sonic3Dcreator/HavHog Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me how to unpack the .pac files i need the sonic forces model and the enemies models?

There's a Discord server ran by a guy known as Skyth or something like that. Within that Discord, they're working on ripping Forces and swapping around sometimes to attempt to mod it. If you look up his Twitter, you'll find a link to his server and maybe there you can get answers.

Miles thanks and where u been in dev? I been waiting for your models to come steam. U were proably busy i understand when ppl have not been heard from for ever.
For those wondering about Sonic Forces models
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...ender1.png
Nice. Hope there's an extractor release soon. Will be really neat to check some of 'em out! Thanks for the update.
Ok, there's been releases on SFM of official Sonic Forces models, so we know ripping is possible of all aspects of the models now. Thing is I haven't found a method yet, so either it's incomplete, or those responsible are keeping it to themselves for whatever unknown reason. Does anyone have any insight?
Pages: 1 2