The VG Resource

Full Version: My something irrather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks pillowshaded to me...

But what do I know Unsure
Contrast is your friend. Use it.
Not quite pillow shading, not quite shading. It's in limbo. Try to define a light source more clearly, and increasing contrast will help.

I think the line art could use some significant improvements, though. His head is asymmetrical and not very appealing. His feet look awkward, as well.
is that Alpha 5
(12-15-2008, 03:45 PM)skink Wrote: [ -> ]Contrast is your friend. Use it.

Using your friends isn't very nice d:
But yes it does need contrast, and better structure and a more ineresting pose.
Also, you do know this board has image tags, for future reference.
Okay tweaked the shading and some little tweaks with line art. as for the head, I found out about alpha 5 again(watched as a kid) after I finished this. http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/prsw/prlg...alpha5.jpg He also has a asymmetrical head. As for contrast, I'm generally not the best at that. so if you would like to give me a color scheme for shading I would be more than happy to use it. But for my screen, the color seems to do fine.

It's true this needs a more interesting pose. But that will come out after I work out some of the more basic kinks in this.

As for the image tags, they didn't seem to work for me. *Shrugs*
(12-16-2008, 01:52 PM)butler273 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay tweaked the shading and some little tweaks with line art. as for the head, I found out about alpha 5 again(watched as a kid) after I finished this. http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/prsw/prlg...alpha5.jpg He also has a asymmetrical head. As for contrast, I'm generally not the best at that. so if you would like to give me a color scheme for shading I would be more than happy to use it. But for my screen, the color seems to do fine.

It's true this needs a more interesting pose. But that will come out after I work out some of the more basic kinks in this.

As for the image tags, they didn't seem to work for me. *Shrugs*

Looks a tad better, but is his head supposed to be like that? :\
Like the oval esque shape? And like what would make the shading better? because I'm keeping the head because it's awkward, this machine is supposed to be somewhat more obsolete compared to the other robot(to come)
Looking at that reference picture, his head is most certainly supposed to be symmetrical.
So. through a little tweeks I change the angle again C+C Please?

I do need to shade the hips I just realised.