The VG Resource

Full Version: Finally Docky rips something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stayed up all night working on this, good thing there's no school tomorrow....well, today. I love Phantasy Star IV, so when I discovered there was a bootleg version I could use Mednafen to rip from, I wasted no time. It's a sheet of the first town. It's a bit all over the place with it, as it includes the town's NPCs and Enemies, But I think it will work, at least until I've gotten far enough to make actual NPC/Enemy sheets.

So, how is it?
Looking good =)
Check your PMs!

I DID reject it, but not for any bad reasons!
There, now it's just the map. Only reason I included the NPCs to begin with was the chaired ones, especially the principal. The map Igglanova is still on there, but only because it's outright stored and used as a background tile. I must tell you, it's difficult to navigate the menus in Chinese, but other than figuring out which items are which, I think I've figured it out so far. Before I started spriting, I played a bit on an online emulator of one of the beta versions, which had Alys on the map unlike the final, which only has Chaz, before biting it. And due to the small map size, some tier 2 strength enemies (Locusta and some inexplicably strong Monsterflies) were waiting right outside the academy grounds. Anyways, one step closer to all NES games-including-bootlegs!
Oh, that's an odd case where the NPC is a background tile. I guess he would technically be a part of the map... Hmm...