The VG Resource

Full Version: im new at ripping models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im never rippied any models before tell me how to do it ok and plus i want too rip the models form nick dance (actial GAME) for the wii
(10-08-2017, 04:25 PM)charizardkids Wrote: [ -> ]im never rippied any models before tell me how to do it ok and plus i want too rip the models form nick dance (actial GAME) for the wii

It depends on what game engine(s) and file structure(s) the games has and what platform the game is made for.

For example, if the game was made with Unity or Unreal Engine, it should be easy as there are tools available for extracting assets from games with the abovementioned game engines. If the game was made with any of the new (and sometime, existing) proprietary game engines made by either the game developers or the middleware developers, users will have to figure out the way to extract the 3d models or wait for the specialized tools and extraction guides to be available. In most cases, you would need Autodesk 3ds Max (Which is expensive for the current subscription model and I won't reccommend downloading pirate version of it.) to do the work, as Maxscript for extracting 3d models and the 3d model format the tools had exported may requires it.

The alternative is to use the 3d capturing tools like Ninja Ripper to captures 3d models from the game while the game is running. However, the 3d models (especially character 3d models) from the captures won't be in the T-pose or the reverse Y-pose so you will have to make adjustments to the models on your owns.

PC games and mobile games are easier to extract the 3d models from compare to video game consoles, as we can access to the game files directly.

However, it should be note that some mobile games (namely Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble) employs either root detection, stores downloaded data to the phone's internal storage (the /data path), or both. Storing the data inside the phone's internal storage means that you can't access to the game files unless you have your phone rooted, and root detection meaning that the game won't run if it detect that your phone is rooted. In cases that both are employed, one must find the way to extracts the assets without having triggering the root detection.

That just my two cents.
Can you rip the models form nick dance so I can upoled them please? I'm just asking can you do it or not if not it's ok.

I'm A newbie at ripping 3d models from video games by the way.
(10-09-2017, 07:10 PM)charizardkids Wrote: [ -> ]Can you rip the models form nick dance so I can upoled them please? I'm just asking can you do it or not if not it's ok.
I have already warned you about making requests multiple times, and it seems you've ignored every single PM you've been sent regarding so.

You do not have the requirements to be able to make requests, yet you continue to do so on a daily basis. This is your final warning. Learn to do stuff by yourself and stop telling others to do it for you.