The VG Resource

Full Version: Heavy Rain - need some tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there! I've gotten back into ripping models and this time around I'm working on Heavy Rain -

[Image: xQGWS.jpg]

[Image: xQH74.jpg]

[Image: xQGZn.jpg]

Now, these models are borderline perfect - I can even get them with their rigs - but a few problems arise:

1. The models are missing some textures. I'm unable to get them from the game because the extractor I'm using refuses to give me any textures relating to certain parts of the models, such as the textures of the eyelids, primarily. It's only related to the face - I can texture the characters otherwise perfectly.

Example:
[Image: xQHjp.jpg]
[Image: xQHnL.jpg]
2. The rigs are broken, and lack bone names. Most of the model ends up rigged, but occasionally random parts of the model just refuse to function with the rig, meaning I'd probably have to re-rig it myself, and I feel that would be unauthentic. 

Example:
[Image: xQHpL.png]

3. The models are incredibly tiny when I rip them. What scale should they be at before I submit them?

Thanks in advance if anyone can give me some tips, I'm not the most amazing at this stuff.

The tools I'm using to extract the models are available here: http://cgig.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2506