The VG Resource

Full Version: Cuphead Ripping Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This game has beautiful artwork, but maybe too much beautiful artwork for one guy.
The game is made with unity, so getting the sprites isn't a problem:
1.Download UABE: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread...-Extractor
You need to download the 2.1 version and the 2.1d bugfix. Extract the 2.1 and then 2.1d in the same folder, make sure you overwrite the files
2.Once downloaded it open with UABE the "globalmanagers" file, the extensionless one.
3.Select the last option of the dunch, when you see the propmpt
At this point there will be a list of files with a "Type", like "Material" "Monospript" and others, we need to extract the "Texture2d" ones
4.Click on "type" doing it all the files will be ordered according to the type first, and then alphabetically
5.Search the "texture2d" ones and select all of them with a drag 'n drop
6.Click plugins->Export to .png->OK and select an empty folder
7.Wait (WARNING: the extraction will weight around 2GB if you selected all sprites, and will take some minutes)
The catch is that the sprites are stored into those .png you dumped like this:
[Image: kqrQhKS.png]
Not really ordered well, huh? 
After a few research i've found this https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-31728...#pid638811, that helps a lot but there's another problem. After resheeting them you should check for some leftovers of another sprite into the sheet, because it happens sometimes.
here's my corrent progress https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/cuphead/, not much as you can see.
Any kind of help will be appreciated.
EDIT: that shoebox is kind of a double edge sword, you need to be extra cautious because it could became a mess the sheet
[Image: 3qIZNGH.png]
I'm sorry not to bring updates often, but i assure you i'm working on it.
Looking good! Nice job!
They see that they go back to work, was just fun. Leave them as much time as they need. Wink
Any chance of putting up a full zip of the raw sprites?
Sounds like fun! Cute Might do a few sheets myself, mainly King Dice from the Die House(in which I've already finished and submitted) and somewhere else I'm not going to spoil. Oh well!

- Soldjermon
I didn't know there's a Cuphead ripping project here! Nice! Looking forward to seeing more Cuphead sprites!
That's an NPC, not a boss?
It's name is Psycarrot, and it is a boss.
(10-11-2017, 08:35 AM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]That's an NPC, not a boss?

Bosses are npcs in a way, if you think about it. I didn't want to make a new section
corrected
Im still confused as to how you're ripping this
(10-13-2017, 04:30 PM)Doctormario606 Wrote: [ -> ]Im still confused as to how you're ripping this
Ask some questions, then
Though some things like the legendary ghost, axeman, level flag, mausoleum urn and coins are separate.
I might try to rip Cagney Carnation if no one is working on him.

By the way, how do you extract the assets?
Pages: 1 2