The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Bloody Roar Primal Fury on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I go about ripping character models from Bloody Roar Primal Fury (gamecube) on Ubuntu 16.04? All of the tools I could find for ripping from the .fpk files are on windows. Currently, my windows computer is out of commission for a while, so I am using my Ubuntu based laptop as a backup. I don't want to have to use WINE to use the windows tools if I can help it. I already have the .fpk files out of the iso (used the Dolphin file browser) I just need the models from the fpk's. If I am out of luck on this one, then maybe someone might be able to take a request. I can even provide the fpk files if necessary.
Anybody there?
The QuickBMS source code is available for compiling, and then you could use this script in QuickBMS to extract the contents of the archives.
(09-11-2017, 12:22 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]The QuickBMS source code is available for compiling, and then you could use this script in QuickBMS to extract the contents of the archives.

I never knew QuickBMS was available on linux. Ok, I will see if I can get what I need from it. Thank you.
Well apparently Quickbms won't even open. Neither by just double clicking or running from terminal. And I have been googling any help but can't find anything pertaining to running Quickbms on Linux. It seems as though Ubuntu doesn't even recognize the application as even existing (despite trying to run it straight from the same folder as the program). If there is something I am missing, then please help.

Ok, now it just decided to start working. Weird, but whatever. Now the thing throws an error about the data being bigger than the allocated buffer. I think the script is using the wrong compression algorithm. But if the script you linked to is wrong, then where would I find one that will work?
(09-11-2017, 11:33 PM)misaki_halfbeast Wrote: [ -> ]Well apparently Quickbms won't even open. Neither by just double clicking or running from terminal. And I have been googling any help but can't find anything pertaining to running Quickbms on Linux. It seems as though Ubuntu doesn't even recognize the application as even existing (despite trying to run it straight from the same folder as the program). If there is something I am missing, then please help.

Ok, now it just decided to start working. Weird, but whatever. Now the thing throws an error about the data being bigger than the allocated buffer. I think the script is using the wrong compression algorithm. But if the script you linked to is wrong, then where would I find one that will work?
This script was made for all Eighting Gamecube .fpk archives including Bloody Roar Primal Fury, but there's no additional documentation and no feedback.
It may only work on some archives (I think generalisation might be the issue.)
You may want to revive this topic on ZenHAX about the script with the error message you received and optionally your OS and build log (in case it's an obscure compile error.)
When extracting  a .dat file it throws the error. It says the result is -1 for some reason. I don't quite understand what is going wrong. I don't have an account on Zenhax so I can't post there.
The bms script doesn't even work on the Windows version of QuickBMS. So I can confirm it just doesn't support the exact version of the fpk format that Bloody Roar Primal Fury uses.