The VG Resource

Full Version: My Custom Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried making a Sonic PA. I'm awful at shading, so I tried dithering... it didn't turn out so well. C+C is very appreciated, I'd like to improve on this.

[Image: s1ggspinain7.png]

What do you guys think?
Hey eddo! how have you been doing? The lineart is nice, but the shading needs work. Add some more AA to the white.
Personally, I hate dithering so I don't really like it.

The actual trace is great though. I'd reccomend a different palette, especially on the shoe.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice! I'll try to work on it; I hope I can improve the shading.
Yea dithering looks wierd. As for shadeing the best advice i can give you is make a light source any were if you screen and stick to it and start shadeing to were ever is necesary if drawing the sun help then do it. On the top of sonic head should be shaded also when shadeing it should not be jacket smoothin it. Well I hope this help im not much help cause i just started a month ago.
[Image: sonicmkkwq0.png]

Waht do you guys think of this? I want to finish it because I've always wanted to have a Sonic sheet accepted to the site.
Sonic in Mario Kart won't be accepted on tSR because Sonic was never in any Mario Kart games.

But to offer C&C, Sonic seems to lack contrast. Your chosen background color probably isn't helping.
(12-22-2008, 12:31 PM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic in Mario Kart won't be accepted on tSR because Sonic was never in any Mario Kart games.

But to offer C&C, Sonic seems to lack contrast. Your chosen background color probably isn't helping.

Technically, that would be counted as a custom. plus when he's finished, he can be easily hacked into the origional SNES Mario title.

Technically, Sonic needs more contrast OR a better pallete choice, it seems a pixel dull for this style.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I tried to use the MK pallete from Mario's overalls, so I guess that didn't work well. I'll try to improve this.

EDIT - I tried to imporve the shading on the PA.

[Image: s1ggspinatx4.png]
Aside from the pixel art, I tried to improve my custom Mega Drive, so I put my old one on the right.

[Image: custommdnewzq6.png]

Did I do all right?
The part under the 16-BIT should be red, not purple
Thanks. I also fixed up some other details.

[Image: custommdnewba5.png]

I tried to make a Mark III, I think it's kind of bad; what about you guys?

[Image: custommarkiiiht0.png]

C+C?
I made a small Opa-Opa Pixel Art, but I was unsure of how to shade it. The art I based it off was pillow-shaded, but what should I do to make it better?

[Image: opaopapartvz0.png]
I recently tried to revamp Link from the original LoZ. C+C?

[Image: linkrevampfp.png]

[Image: linkshieldwalkforward.gif]

[Image: linksworddownward.gif]

[Image: linkwalk.gif]

[Image: linkwalkforward.gif]

[Image: linkwalkrightbigeye.gif]
I don´t like the colors. especially the fact that the sarker skin color is so similar to the light brown....
Try changing a bit! I´d go for an outline maybe, or at least some hue dweddling in the darker areas too...

i tried changing a little, though maybe it is too dark. Just to exemplify.
Pages: 1 2