The VG Resource

Full Version: Is VG-resource wiki currently dead?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, sorry I interrupting your daily works and/or posted on the wrong section.

I just noticed that the VG-resource wiki has no article update at all since about 3 years ago, and login function of the wiki is currently broken. (it only shows the ip address and not allow to edit the articles even though I mets the requirements.)

So, my question is this: Is VG-resource wiki currently dead?
We never intentionally killed it or anything but people seemed to lose interest in keeping it up to date. I'd certainly welcome seeing it used again.

As for the logins, I just tested them and they appear to be working fine. I'd try clearing your cookies (or, as a quick test, log in with an incognito window) to confirm.
That's weird, because everytime I tries to login to the wiki, it only shows the ip address and not my username:
[Image: login_problem_by_yuuyatails-dblm0by.png]
Are you running an ad-blocker (it appears you are based on your Chrome menu)? I'd try it without that - they can sometimes interfere with the login script.

Also, did you try it in another browser or in an incognito window?
I'm using Firefox with AdBlock Plus active, and it's working fine for me.

Remember that wikis (much like anything on the internet, this site include) are done by volunteer work.
(08-28-2017, 09:08 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Firefox with AdBlock Plus active, and it's working fine for me.

Cool, thanks for testing. I just know that ad-blockers can sometimes mess with our login script so it's the first thing I mention to check. Definitely good to have a second set of eyes on it though.
Hmm...that's weird. I just tried to login to the wiki with the uBlock Origin disabled, but it still shows the same results.

Definitely the browser problem, I guess.

Update: It's no good. Even Firefox (without any add-on) on my PC is showing the same issue with the wiki's login function. What could this be?
Oh, wait! I think I see what's going on. The wiki login checks for the same requirements as the requests section which were updated not terribly long ago. Sorry, I had completely forgotten about that change but it's definitely why you can't currently log in.
(08-29-2017, 09:25 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, wait! I think I see what's going on. The wiki login checks for the same requirements as the requests section which were updated not terribly long ago. Sorry, I had completely forgotten about that change but it's definitely why you can't currently log in.
Ouch, no wonder why. Sad

That means I need to have more than 50 posts and must be on the forum for more than a month.
Correct, but you'll get there! Just be an active member of the community and that goal is not hard to reach.