The VG Resource

Full Version: Snessy's Cavalade of Custom Crap (And some good stuff too)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread really doesn't need an introduction, I post sprites here and stuff like that.

Random font I made:

[Image: P1LKoz1.jpg]

A smug looking blob (His name is Buster btw)

[Image: QxFO2qH.jpg]

A random robot guy made with the tFR master palette:

[Image: ELDyiS4.jpg]

Might add more later
Is the font made from scratch? Looks pretty good to me.
(08-26-2017, 01:07 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Is the font made from scratch? Looks pretty good to me.

It is, but I did take some inspiration from the LoZ1 font. Also, thanks for the nice words!
Bump!

Made some modern-ish Tetris pieces based on the Offical NES ones (They even follow the NES color palette)

I also included a Garbage Block for VS matches in case you'd need it:

[Image: xnwwO3q.jpg]

I've also updated my custom font a little, specifically the R and 5, so check it out in the OP if you really want to I guess.
This is fine looking but I suggest trying to make something with actual form (aka not a square) if you're wanting to improve your skills as a pixel artist. Starting basic n slow and working your way up is good but you have to make the jump to more complicated stuff eventually. Try making a character of some sort from scratch - human, animal (a duck maybe? Thinking), or anything besides that; we can better help you from there. : >
So I decided to try and make something that wasn't square, and this is the result:

[Image: ELDyiS4.jpg]

Feedback would be appericiated.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I did use the tFR master palette.
I was bored and so I decided to make some random questionmark block:

[Image: hB891qA.jpg]

Also, I'm gonna try making some more complex stuff soon.
The title of this thread describes my skills exactly.

Also, for an unreleased sprite comic I made, I actually made a pretty decent plane sprite sheet, made modular so that one can have both biplanes and monoplanes.

[attachment=8169]

Don't really expect anything better than this. Your skills have to increase gradually, and you should find a style that fits your strong suits. May the odds be in your favor.