The VG Resource

Full Version: I Have registered and brought gifts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

My 'Jakest123 chao'! BEHOLD!

I don't fully understand what to do, sorry.
Problems.
1. No icon
2. It's a Bitmap
3. It's a simple recolor and you never gave credit to the original ripper
4. It sounds a lot like a fan character... which they won't accept
Honestly, this is pretty terrible. The entire pallete is just.. ugh. I can't say you did anything more than a simple recolor. Either way this can't be accepted because of the same reasons stated above this post.
(12-13-2008, 04:48 PM)Colton Wrote: [ -> ]Problems.
1. No icon
2. It's a Bitmap
So, with those reasons, I'll move this topic to "Sprite Discussion".
1. No icon
2. It's a Bitmap

Well SORRY for not knowing. I've only been a member for five minutes!
(12-13-2008, 04:55 PM)jakest123 Wrote: [ -> ]
1. No icon
2. It's a Bitmap

It's alright.
Its not unneccessary criticism. Its constructive criticism. We point out the problems, so you can fix them, and learn from your mistakes. Thereby making you better. So if you want to improve and become a better sprite, the criticism is very neccessary.
(12-13-2008, 05:00 PM)jakest123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2008, 04:56 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2008, 04:55 PM)jakest123 Wrote: [ -> ]
1. No icon
2. It's a Bitmap
It's alright.
Well, not really. I register and then get all this stupid unecessary criticism. I might as well delete my account. I never knew some spriters were such nasty people. Not you though I meant the other comments.
Most other spriters weren't that good when they started out, either. (Heck, even when I started out, all I was doing were basic edits for a friend of mine, Shadow the Echidna.)

Don't give up just because you get a bit of criticism -- they actually help point out things that need fixing with sprites. I have a feeling that I might get a lot when I post sprites of one of my MUGEN projects sometime next year...

I don't want to have another person chased away from tSR, like Saguchi was (though he was chased away for different reasons)...
Cristicism is very important on your road to becoming a spriter. Hell, I take criticism happily because I like to improve my spriting (though I haven't really done anything lately). The only time it's unnecessary is when someone flames you for bad sprites, which I was not doing. Just simply pointing out things.
Try makeing Costums there more fun and better. Also i dont see any shadeing,if your a begginner you should read tuts about shadeing line art etc. There tuts in here look around sorry i dont have link on me.
(12-13-2008, 05:00 PM)jakest123 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, not really. I register and then get all this stupid unecessary criticism. I might as well delete my account. I never knew some spriters were such nasty people. Not you though I meant the other comments.

But take a step back and look at things through our perspective. At least once a day someone registers on the forum and posts some minor edit or recolor expecting to be heralded as some amazing spriter that does a wonderful service to the community; little do they realize they haven't even gone so far as to distinguish themselves from the average shmuck walking down the street.
So, yes: It's tiresome, and some of us can be really spiteful. That's how it happens sometimes. If you want respect, prove to us that it's worthwhile for us to show some to you-- and that doesn't mean you're required to make amazing customs like Smithy or rip comprehensive sheets like RTB; it just means you have to show us that you've a desire for improvement.
And, remember: It's just a hobby. Don't take it too seriously.
The only reason they gave you this kind of criticism is because they want to encourage you that you can do better. It's like a gym teacher yelling at you, telling you that you can do more push-ups, it make a little mad, but it motivates you, you show the teacher that you are not a wuss.
There there pal dont be afraid of these critisism take it and absorb it into your head i to felt the same when i 1st join this forum but i learned to get use to it. In other forums i joined all the said was its good and really my sprites were horrible but when i joined here my spriteing improved alot so if your really into spriting then you should just learn from the comments people give you no matter how mean it is.
Being a member for five minutes isn't much a excuse. Usually I spend my first five minutes reading the rules.
And it's good to have constructive criticism, so you can improve.

If you ask me, it's a recolor of Chao with a real bad shading. Not that hard to fix, just increase the contrast. The rules says no fan-characters can be submitted, but you can post it here to have help to improve it. Then, your next edit can be better. And the following even better, and so on.
If you don't like criticism, don't talk to people. Everyone is a critic.
(12-13-2008, 05:00 PM)jakest123 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, not really. I register and then get all this stupid unecessary criticism. I might as well delete my account. I never knew some spriters were such nasty people. Not you though I meant the other comments.
Criticism is very important in spriting, and any art form, for that matter. You need to accept criticism in order to improve. /repeat

But yeah, the colors look really bad, and it's just a recolor anyway. Why not try some edits, at least?
Pages: 1 2