The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonicfan32's customs/edits.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, again. I just got into the Custom/Edits craze lately, and started with an edit to one of my previous rips (the Animaniacs HUD thing if you want to know already...). I have two versions of it. One is the edit with the original size of the Genesis version (to match with the items having their original scales,) and another one with a smaller appearance (to match with the cutscene and title sprites [as well as any other thing in the GB version that has been shrunken with an ugly resolution.) However, I don't really know which one should be submitted.
Here's another edit. It's another edit of one of my sprite rips, being Opus, Garfield: BFHD (ZX) styled, in ZX colors and custom colors. Feedback is appreciated, and let me know what to change.
I decided to switch from making edits into doing customs. This is a work in progress NES-styled Opus sheet, using an actual NES pallete. I got inspired by the style of early Namco NES games, so I decided to make these. It's only two sprites, but it's a first.
Honestly I feel like this is a major improvement from my other Opus sprites.
I think it's a good thing that you decided to go into customs over edits.

Far as the custom opus goes, are you using a reference? to me his head feels a wee bit squished but other than that I think the body is fine.
(01-27-2018, 03:31 PM)DioShiba Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a good thing that you decided to go into customs over edits.

Far as the custom opus goes, are you using a reference? to me his head feels a wee bit squished but other than that I think the body is fine.

Well, technically yes. I'm using the design from Outland/Bloom County 201X as a reference for this. I was thinking about using the '86 design, but whatever. Also, the head is squished a bit to fit the 16x16(?) pixel tiles that most NES games use.
I redrawn the head, added sprites for looking up and an idle animation of some sort, changed flesh color (#37 to #36), and added jump sprites. Thoughts?
Added a start to the jump animation (and walking sprites). (Also another frame to the idle animation.)
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to add to my custom Opus sheet (besides basic walking, jumping, breaking, running, crouching, and idle sprites...) Any ideas?
Added the aforementioned running sprites, and more pixel tweaking.
I'm trying to think of some sort of death animation to add, but I honestly don't have any ideas. Any thoughts on what to add?
I tried redo-ing some Mickey Mania 7 sprites. I think the poses look a bit off from the original, but at least it's better than horribly cropping sprites.
Decided to make more sprites for this thing. (And yes, I'm using the 1920s-30s(?) design for this.)
This took me over half an hour to make. This is a Sonic pixel art for a Scratch collab I'll make soon.
Here's another Sonic sketch done in Paint, also made for my Scratch collab.
They look kinda... blobby and imprecise. The second one is better than the first though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4