The VG Resource

Full Version: Blinx The Time Sweeper Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone interested in helping me? i've been looking for a way to get Models from Blinx and found out about Lazov's 3d Model Researcher. I used some Hex Editors and was able to find Vertice Points for some of the Models but i don't know how to get the Face Vertices. 

Some Things that i found

Blinx's Face (and part of his Shoes i guess)

Blinx's Face with a Different Expression

Parts of a TomTom Gate with a Pig Bomb Below

Most Likely a Time Sweeper

Not exactly sure what this is

I Got the XBE, Media and Texture Files from an ISO, Texture Files are in DDS Format and are Viewable. I used a Quickbms Script to Separate The Files from the XBE. MDLPL contains Blinx's Model, MDLEN for Enemys, MDLR1-9 or MAPS for the Levels and so on. I have tried looking for what i thought was the Face Values for the Models, but rendering them only resulted in a jumbled Mess. I can get the same results by looking for the Vertices in the Full XBE File rather than the separated Files. I think the Face Vertices might only be accessible within the full XBE Files, i am not 100% sure though.

The Files if you want to Help
I'll work on a Noesis import script for this. I was interested in this too.
Well dang, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Any progress on this?
(09-06-2017, 02:20 PM)namine207 Wrote: [ -> ]Well dang, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Any progress on this?

The files are different formats completely across each file. It's very difficult to find a proper way of extracting each one
(09-06-2017, 04:10 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 02:20 PM)namine207 Wrote: [ -> ]Well dang, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Any progress on this?

The files are different formats completely across each file. It's very difficult to find a proper way of extracting each one

Man, that really sucks. :\ Do you think any specific file (Blinx in particular) would be easier to extract than creating a multi purpose tool?
(09-06-2017, 04:55 PM)namine207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 04:10 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]

Man, that really sucks. :\ Do you think any specific file (Blinx in particular) would be easier to extract than creating a multi purpose tool?

I might've been wrong on the part where they aren't similar. I was missing the part that the names in the beginning were texture names. So eventually when the script is run the person would have to manually input the count of texture names to skip over the beginning of that, as there's no defined count/anyway to define the number of textures. So, in actuality a script MAY be possible. I'm having trouble for now distinguishing where the vertex + indice buffers are located etc. I have a good feeling that there's this strange table before the first vertex buffer, which I'm sure contains the info of pointers. Just time is needed.

@Commander_Ducky , I have a strong feeling the four byte value you're skipping over is half floats of the uvs. I'm still uncertain because the main priority for now is finding the faces next.

EDIT: I found the texture count after the texture name table. It could be possible that the # of submeshes = the # of textures that are provided for each model file.
(09-06-2017, 06:57 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 04:55 PM)namine207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 04:10 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]The files are different formats completely across each file. It's very difficult to find a proper way of extracting each one

I might've been wrong on the part where they aren't similar. I was missing the part that the names in the beginning were texture names. So eventually when the script is run the person would have to manually input the count of texture names to skip over the beginning of that, as there's no defined count/anyway to define the number of textures. So, in actuality a script MAY be possible. I'm having trouble for now distinguishing where the vertex + indice buffers are located etc. I have a good feeling that there's this strange table before the first vertex buffer, which I'm sure contains the info of pointers. Just time is needed.

@Commander_Ducky , I have a strong feeling the four byte value you're skipping over is half floats of the uvs. I'm still uncertain because the main priority for now is finding the faces next.

EDIT: I found the texture count after the texture name table. It could be possible that the # of submeshes = the # of textures that are provided for each model file.

Really interesting, I'm glad it sounds like there's a possibility for a script to work for all the files!
I’m curious, any new info on the extraction? Big Grin
I've made it easier for myself to identify the Vertex Data https://imgur.com/a/2jCVV. You can see many Hex Values that repeat Under Each other which indicates that you're looking at Vertex Data.

I still don't know how to get the Faces. My best guess is that the Face Values are Stored Under the Vertex Data for each Model. for example, If you find the Vertex Data for one of Blinx's Facial Expressions, the Face Data Would be Right under it, which looks like this 

My Theory is that the Face Values are stored in Bytes and use Tri Strips instead of Triangles. This is what i get when i Print one of the Supposed Face Values in 3d Model Researcher 
I think the Numbers Values might be too big though, it looks messy when rendered. Number placement patterns don't seem to look right either.

I've also updated the Download to include the Mit Files (Materials) and a Color Map for Hex Workshop.  The rest of the Texture can be found Here
Use the Hex2Obj, try to get some vertices and I only have vertices and the faces come out bad, but since you know so much about HEX, I recommend you use the Hex2Obj

If you get to rippearlo complete, then I would appreciate it to be able to use it in Source Filmmaker and GMOD

Download: http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/93D4tnL2/file.html
(02-03-2018, 01:24 PM)Javo_2131 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Hex2Obj, try to get some vertices and I only have vertices and the faces come out bad, but since you know so much about HEX, I recommend you use the Hex2Obj

If you get to rippearlo complete, then I would appreciate it to be able to use it in Source Filmmaker and GMOD

Download: http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/93D4tnL2/file.html

I tried using it and i still haven't gotten any good results. the face values are hard to decipher, if they where easily readable (like shorts for instance) i'd have a much easier time getting them.
and you already have an blinx model with its faces, even if they are objects or blinx?
If you have steam, contact me to be able to add you and see if I can help you, huh
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Javo-Matoi/
[attachment=7981]Good to know that someone is working on this. several models exist for every different head animation. I was able to mess with it on my modded Xbox and got BLiNX to have a larger smile than usual by swapping his normal face with an unused one. I also messed up and forgot to swap the teeth on another one. Thanks for the info on how to find the vertex data. Editing the data you found for faces crashes the game before it finishes the loading screen after booting
Did you say that your pants are easier? You can show it to see it, and it comes with your UV correctly
(02-15-2018, 11:49 PM)Javo_2131 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you say that your pants are easier? You can show it to see it, and it comes with your UV correctly

I think shorts are just different types of values. Also the models seem to have more info on rendering in the shader data stored in .rdata
Pages: 1 2