The VG Resource

Full Version: Chibi-Robo .dat format (Gamecube)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With some help, i was able to extract the main file of "Chibi-Robo! Plug into Adventure!" for the Gamecube. However, all the files are in .dat format, which suggests this is some kind of archive, containg the models and textures. I read some stuff about Smash Bros. also using .dat format, but i am not sure if they are the same. Are there any tools to extract/convert these files (except hex editors, i can't work with them)? Below are some file samples, if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks.

Chibi-Robo Samples (edit: Link fixed)
anyone?
checked out the files, they are VERY close to melee's DAT format.. length of file, 2 offsets that i was able to locate, which is almost the same melee's, so I tried to load it up in Smash Forge, sadly it shows no model or textures
(08-13-2017, 01:45 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]checked out the files, they are VERY close to melee's DAT format.. length of file, 2 offsets that i was able to locate, which is almost the same melee's, so I tried to load it up in Smash Forge, sadly it shows no model or textures

Thanks for answering. Too bad about that. But i looked around a bit and apparently there's also a Wii version and they changed the model format to brres Smile :

[Image: TAaXDbo.gif]

What a surprise. Now let's hope these convert nicely to another format without getting messed up.
One more question: When i open character models from the game in BrawlBox, they show up posed even when they are in their Bind Pose (i. e. on Frame 0 or when no animation is selected). Is this something that just happens with some games or can it be fixed? The only thing i could find is a checkbox at the bottom, that says "Update Bind Pose" but it cannot be clicked.