The VG Resource

Full Version: Sim Theme Park [World] Z-Buffer? (Flat Model Help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having some issues ripping Sim Theme Park (AKA Theme Park World) for the PC. It uses DirectX, so I'm using NinjaRipper. I've attached DXWnd to try to edit some of the DirectX properties and make it more compatible for ripping.

I've read online that someone successfully ran an OpenGL wrapper on it, so I'd like to try that as well with 3DVia Printscreen, but I can't find a good DirectX - OpenGL wrapper. Does someone know of a working wrapper?

Currently, this is the progress I've had. Please view the attached images. The output model from Ninja Ripper is completely flat. There are some layers, as in the overlay is on one layer and ect. I've read that people are having this same issue trying to rip from the Playstation 1 emulator. I've also read it's an issue with emulated Z-Buffering, but I don't know anything about this and they may be wrong.

I've tried scaling the model on the z-axis too, but there is no depth to the model.

I can send more screenshots and a model later since I'm using my phone to post.
Hello again,

I've tried a different approach,
Here are some ram dumps and unpacked models from Sim Theme Park. I added reference folders to help crack the files, since they're not normal MD2 files. In HEX editors they don't match the normal filestructure of MD2 files, so they're probably EA's own format. There are some games that share the same resources as STP so we may be able to browse the communities tools for those games, like Dungeon Keeper 2. These models may include animations and other data.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Jl50...XZBQ1F1Rnc

Please use the ram dump models, the ones from DragonUnpacker are corrupted since STP's wad files are compressed. There is a wad unpacker for Dungeon Keeper 2, but it doesn't seem to work with STP's wad files.

The MD2 files from the STP directory are the proper files. As in, vice the ram dumps, they have proper end-of-files. Just read the readme. These MD2 files could be textured vector graphics, like images for overlay. The "Congratulations" one is spinning so it may be a 3D model.