The VG Resource

Full Version: It's been a long time, so lets make a new thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: soda_by_zee_roller-dbgnfyh.png]
Here's a thing. It's been a long time since I last did spritework, but I have been watching tutorials and observing what others do. So how is it?

edit: Added a 2x version for clarity.
The only gripe I have is that there isn't really much contrast between the lightest blue shade and the white on the belly. But that's about it so far from what I can tell.

EDIT: I am curious though, where did you pick up on these tutorials?

Only reason why I ask is because I'm not 100% sure if this was done from scratch or not. Because it seems like it but at the same time it feels pretty similar to a Sonic Advance style. I do like the character however but it feels like it could have it's own style too.
(07-17-2017, 12:20 PM)DioShiba Wrote: [ -> ]The only gripe I have is that there isn't really much contrast between the lightest blue shade and the white on the belly. But that's about it so far from what I can tell.

EDIT: I am curious though, where did you pick up on these tutorials?

Only reason why I ask is because I'm not 100% sure if this was done from scratch or not. Because it seems like it but at the same time it feels pretty similar to a Sonic Advance style. I do like the character however but it feels like it could have it's own style too.

[Image: soda_by_zee_roller-dbgo5wc.png]
Darkened the "Blue" on his belly a little, is this better? It might be a bit too much.

To be honest, Sonic advance was the last thing on my mind.

In termsĀ of tutorials, I watched MortMort on Youtube.

Edit: Fixed some colours on the face
Better, though I think you could probably use the same shade of white from the highlights of his belly on the eyes rather than having it be the same as the main color of the fur.
(07-17-2017, 02:57 PM)DioShiba Wrote: [ -> ]Better, though I think you could probably use the same shade of white from the highlights of his belly on the eyes rather than having it be the same as the main color of the fur.

[Image: soda_by_zee_roller-dbgofyy.png]Changed the eyes.
[Image: soda_by_zee_roller-dbgte4d.png]

General touch-ups and slight tweaks, made his cheeks slightly puffier.

(edit) noticed a slight inconsistency on his tail on the 2X version, I'll fix it next time. ^w^Sweatdrop