The VG Resource

Full Version: So, Nintendo Switch models are now dumpable. How do we do that?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently saw that somebody dumped Min Min's model from Arms and ported it to SSB4 Wii U (https://youtu.be/Tm-zD59-HO8) and now it has me wondering... how can we dump models ourselves?
(07-13-2017, 12:10 AM)TheMultiMan Wrote: [ -> ]Recently saw that somebody dumped Min Min's model from Arms and ported it to SSB4 Wii U (https://youtu.be/Tm-zD59-HO8) and now it has me wondering... how can we dump models ourselves?

Pretty sure the dumping program's private until it's stable enough for public usage.
(07-13-2017, 12:12 AM)OS-PRIME Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2017, 12:10 AM)TheMultiMan Wrote: [ -> ]Recently saw that somebody dumped Min Min's model from Arms and ported it to SSB4 Wii U (https://youtu.be/Tm-zD59-HO8) and now it has me wondering... how can we dump models ourselves?

Pretty sure the dumping program's private until it's stable enough for public usage.

That's understandable, we'll have to wait and see when it will come out. Wanted to rip models since the release of Breath of the Wild.

(I'm really surprised we already found a way to rip models for the Switch, I thought it would be impossible! It impresses me extremely.)
Nice to know that I'm only important enough to be considered "somebody" for all the things I do. Blank
(07-13-2017, 01:48 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to know that I'm only important enough to be considered "somebody" for all the things I do. Blank
I feel your pain. Don't worry you do huge things in the community. Every 5 minutes I make a ripping research I fall on your posts.
Mr Google Youtube Wrote:The original model was ripped by ShinyQuagsire and textured by RandomTBush.
Apparently the owner of the program is ShinyQuagsire.
(07-13-2017, 01:48 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to know that I'm only important enough to be considered "somebody" for all the things I do. Blank

Oh dear, I didn't mean to upset you... Sad

I didn't read the description of the video until now. I see you helped with the texturing the model!
It was probably manually extracted from a ramdump with the game running on a Switch. I think it would be possible with the public available exploits if you know what you're doing. I'm a bit curious to see the new formats used on the Switch too, even through the current games doesn't interests me that much.
(07-13-2017, 04:03 PM)TheMultiMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2017, 01:48 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to know that I'm only important enough to be considered "somebody" for all the things I do. Blank

Oh dear, I didn't mean to upset you... Sad

I didn't read the description of the video until now. I see you helped with the texturing the model!
Not just texturing, I also wrote the script to get the models extracted in the first place, but it looks like the guy who made the video failed to mention that.

(07-13-2017, 04:12 PM)gdkchan Wrote: [ -> ]It was probably manually extracted from a ramdump with the game running on a Switch. I think it would be possible with the public available exploits if you know what you're doing. I'm a bit curious to see the new formats used on the Switch too, even through the current games doesn't interests me that much.
It's not a RAM dump, there's actually a method to extract entire game RomFS archives (which is what's being used currently).
You can dump the RomFS?  looking forward to seeing more.  Maybe move those ARMS models to the front of the queue, especially if you have Twintelle Big Grin
That's amazing progress, my hopes of getting a rigged Twintelle and Marina model appear to be closer than I initially imagined.
Heh heh, I also am hoping to somehow acquire the models of Pearl and Marina.