The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Silver Case models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'd like to get the model of Tetsugoro's car from Silver Jiken for Playstation one and convert it to .obj or .3ds. I've scanned the cd image file and found 1 .TMD, size 13 kb. I tried importing it to Milkshape but when I do it, it says ''Found out of range normal index (-1) in object #0'' and if I try to import ignoring the error message, it says ''Encountered premature end of file (file is propably corrupted)'' and it fails to import. Neither did Resident Evil EMD viewer accept the model. So I presume the file is encrypted/compressed? How would I go about of getting the file be importable..
Okay time for monologue heh? Well anyway, I've gone the route of emulating the game with pSX emulator, I used the debugger's r3000 view to see the rendered frame's info. I went frame 1 > the second dma (first dma section has nothing regarding polys it seems) > otag. And then there are these countless pop-down menus by name 4 words, 5 words, 9 words and 12 words and in opening the pop down menus I see either ''polyt4'' or ''polygt4'' pop down menus. I open them and seemingly find what interests me. The polygon coordinates. Are they the ones like xy0 ###,### xy1 ###,### xy2 ###,### and xy3 ###,###? Because yesterday I spent 3 hours getting the desired model's those values and I got them all in a text file. Now what, how would I make a .obj with the help of coordinates known now? And yeah, I don't care for uv maps. Anyone?
I don't know how one might go about ripping from the original PSX version. However, I was able to find Kusabi's car in the PC HD re-release. It's in Unity, so  the files can be easily extracted using Unity Assets Bundle Extractor. The trouble here is finding them, since the mesh files mostly have generic, non-indiciatve names.

Anyway, here's the files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3x3gadaz6...iCarHD.rar

I've included the original car and wheel models (they were separate), the textures, and two assembled versions of the model, one having inverted Y-coordinates for the textures. I primarily use Milkshape 3d, which seems to treat texture Y-coordinates  differently than every other program, since models that appear fine in MS3D have flipped textures in every other program and vice versa. This way, you'll be sure to have a version that displays correctly. Also, there doesn't seem to be a mesh for the license plate, but I included the texture just in case, and there are two wheel textures because I couldn't be bothered to check which one Kusabi's car uses.
Well, thanks man for your efforts. This'll do for the moment, but thing is I'd absolutely wanna get the PS1 rendition of the car..it looks different and better at that. As I told here, I managed to patiently capture what seemingly are the polygon coordinates. So do you have some advice on how to write an importable .obj?
I wish I could help you. I'm just a collector. I depend on programs and techniques other people make, and I've never heard of any way to do what you're asking.