The VG Resource

Full Version: First sprite from scratch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New user here. 'Sup and all that good stuff.

I've kinda wanted to try my hand at pixelwork but never really felt up to it. Regular art is more my thing. But lately I've been puttering with a few sprites and figured I'd try one from scratch, since I rather enjoyed editing bases from games and the like.
This is what I ended up with.

[Image: DemiSprite-1.gif]

Its one of my original characters, Demi
Gave a sort of "chibi" look to him. And gave him Kirby-esque feet because.. well, I like Kirby.

I did it in MSpaint for some odd reason. I have Photoshop, even. Argh, what's wrong with me. Very Sad
Anyway, I'm moderately okay with it. Some of the edges are a little wobbly and the face lacks some detail.. but for a first try I'm told it's not bad.

I need to look at and up-close study some sprites to try and learn a few things.
Any tips? Favourite programs? Methods?
looks very good for a first time.

also, MS Paint is all what you need to make pixelart.
not bad not bad at all. A really good program is paint shop pro it's easy to use and doesn't take much room in the computer.
It is very good for a first try, I like it! Smile

As for a program to use, I actually just use paint. There's nothing more simple for getting a sprite exactly how you want it.
Wow, really good job, as for what i use, paint.