The VG Resource

Full Version: Help Ripping Pokemon Sun 3DS - Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys, 

I'm a newbie to ripping and i've been trying to follow some guides to ripping files. I've gotten a hold of a Pokemon Sun .3ds file and i'm trying to extract models from it, but all the files I am trying to preview just say 'unsupported file format' and I am only finding .Bin files. 

Could someone have a look at my method and let me know what I am missing?

Software:
  • GarcTool
  • 3DS Rom Tools
  • Ohana3DS Rebirth (built from newest source)
  • Pokemon Sun .3DS file
Method:
  1. Open 3DS Rom Tools.
  2. Load in the .3DS file. 
  3. Click Extract RomFS.
  4. Click Unpack RomFS.
  5. Extract the files using Garc Tool or Ohana3DS Rebirth at e.g "Pokemon Sun\unpacked\romfs\a\0\8\6"
  6. Open Ohana3DS Rebirth and browse the extracted files - should be able to preview.
What Happens:

For me, if I open the unpacked files in Ohana3DS I am only shown .Bin files. If I extract them (using Ohana or Garc Tool) and try to preview them, I am told 'Unsupported File Format'. I can't find any files that will give me model files. I have looked at the lists people have made who say models are in X folder etc. 

I am wondering if I have a corrupted game or I am missing a vital step?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance people!
[Solved]

I solved this by using Ohana to extract the files from the unpacked RomsFS and then using PK3DS to extract the next set of files.
I also had a little inconsistency in file locations between my sun and moon versions, but found a list that matched what i needed.