The VG Resource

Full Version: Restoring transparency to N64 rips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ripped a model of the "My Room" map from Pokémon Stadium 2 using the VRML feature. There was a UV mapping problem that I managed to fix, but there's another problem I have no experience with. There's a clock on the wall. In the game, it's  round. However, mine looks like this:
[Image: toHfWDX.png]

How do I make it round again?
There should be a texture that has the same name as the clock one but ends with A. That's the transparent alpha channel.

For example "1EEF5301_c.bmp" will have an alpha channel named "1EEF5301_a.bmp" it should be just black and white.

If I remember right, the black part of the alpha channel is pixels that are suppose to be seen, and white is parts that are transparent. Just open up both textures in a image editor of your choice (I use GIMP), select the alpha part with the select tool, then cut out the area for a alpha and save it as a .png
I actually inverted the colors of the alpha channel and got it working.

[Image: GYiDYbB.png]

But now I'm having trouble with more UV mapping. Should I start a new topic for that, or keep going here?