The VG Resource

Full Version: RPCS3 Model Ripping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Considering RPCS3 can play Heavy Rain now I figured I'd download it and give it a shot, the game works fine but the real reason I even bothered was for the game's models. Alas, GLXtractor and the other plethora of tools couldn't do anything about it.

Is there any sort of tool out there that can hook OpenGL 4.3 x64, for the sake of dumping geometry?
Or, is there any sort of tool that can hook Vulkan or DirectX12 for the sake of dumping geometry?
Or maybe 3DVia Printscreen ?
(06-09-2017, 10:35 AM)andreelikesplantsvszombies Wrote: [ -> ]You can try ninjaripper.

it just makes the program crash and only works with dx11 at most, not dx12

(06-09-2017, 11:04 AM)iyenal Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe 3DVia Printscreen ?

doesn't work
I think the best idea is to contact with researchers of RPCS3 and ask them for built-in 3D ripper into graphic plug-in!
P.S: And not only RPCS3, but Xenia and the other console emulators authors too! We can write common petition about this request at last.
I posted about it on their forums but it requires that the posts get approve and my post was not approved

A post exists on their github about the topic but they said something like "ripping models is illegal, isn't it?"
(06-11-2017, 10:03 AM)Doronetty Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best idea is to contact with researchers of RPCS3 and ask them for built-in 3D ripper into graphic plug-in!
P.S: And not only RPCS3, but Xenia and the other console emulators authors too! We can write common petition about this request at last.

I don't think this is a good idea, since developers of the console emulators had said that they won't supports piracy due to legal issues.

(06-11-2017, 01:21 PM)auxfox Wrote: [ -> ]I posted about it on their forums but it requires that the posts get approve and my post was not approved

A post exists on their github about the topic but they said something like "ripping models is illegal, isn't it?"

Did you dumping the game files from your game disc using a PS3 with custom firmware? If you got the game data from the internet, that might be the reason why your post doesn't get approved, since the forum won't support piracy.

About a thread on their github, the developers of the RPCS3 emulator doesn't want to be sued by Sony, thus they have to close the discussion before it gets worse.