The VG Resource

Full Version: Removing Background From ripped spritesheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I just started looking at this site and wanted to use some of the sprite sheets for a personal project. However, a lot of the sprite sheets I want to use have solid color background on them, instead of them being transparent. I was wondering what the best way is of getting rid of the color background so I can use the sprites properly?
The best method of doing this is take a screenshot of the sheet you want to use, that way the background will be the background that the site uses for transparent images (white).
The reason sheets have a background is because some people may just Copy Image as opposed to Save Image and transparent images get a black background when pasted which pretty much removes outlines for games that use a solid black outline.

It depends on what program you are using. Stuff like Photoshop and Gimp you can change the Tolerance of Magic Wand to 0 along with checking off Anti-alias and Contiguous to grab all instances of a color. I don't know how MSPaint works these days since when I used it last there was never transparency.