The VG Resource

Full Version: Yooka-Laylee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to rip the models and textures from the Toybox demo, but for some reason, the models seem to be deformed with weird armatures, and the textures can't be properly seen and they glitch when I try to convert them.
[Image: YfsCZCj.png]
[Image: rnBZ7FR.png]

UPDATE: I could export the models properly (somehow) but the textures are still unreadable. All that it shows is a pitch black image. (Can't even be viewed on the Unity Viewer/Disunity/Unity Assets Explorer)
[Image: nTJNz97.png]
Awesome! Are you going to make the models available? I was hoping to use the cartoony style as a reference for making a Spyro model. Specifically, I was hoping to see the way the wings are modeled.
Well, the full game has been released, but for some reason a majority of the models fail to export geometry properly. Capital B and Dr. Quack have this issue, and after further testing, nearly every model in the game fails to export geometry and instead imports to 3DSmax as a weird collection of 'armature' cubes and nothing else.

Edit: My bad! It exports fine! I forgot to update my Unity Studio!
(04-11-2017, 04:04 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the full game has been released, but for some reason a majority of the models fail to export geometry properly. Capital B and Dr. Quack have this issue, and after further testing, nearly every model in the game fails to export geometry and instead imports to 3DSmax as a weird collection of 'armature' cubes and nothing else.

That's the problem with Unity Studio, currently. It won't work properly with games that use newer Unity versions, due to being so outdated that it hurts. Gonna Puke

Our best bet would be to either ask RandomTBush to use his Unity ripping Maxscript to get the models for us, or worst-case-scenario: Wait for Unity Studio to be updated to work properly, whenever that may be, if at all.......
Actually, that was my bad. I forgot that on this laptop I hadn't updated Unity Studio to 0.7.0. Everything works fine!
Wait a minute... There's an UPDATED version? How do I go about that?
Here's the site

Hope it helps ya.
I found it on my own, and it works like a charm Smile
[Image: hxyZA9b.png]

Heck yeah!
Any idea where the hell to find the bat model is in the scene hierarchy? I can only find it in the asset viewer and can't export with textures.
Are the normal maps meant to be a greyscaled?
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30876...#pid632520

@Deep Weeb

Put these textures in the models you ripped.
(04-14-2017, 03:28 PM)andreelikesplantsvszombies Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30876...#pid632520

@Deep Weeb

Put these textures in the models you ripped.

The models don't seem to have UV maps