The VG Resource

Full Version: ripping wii textures/sprites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there is a wii game i was interested in looking into the textures of, but i dont know how to rip them in general.
i have access to the iso already so thats taken care of, i just need a good place to start in terms of how to rip.
Well, grab Dolphin the wii Emulator(which you can google and download yourself). Then, once you have the *.iso and that program, choose the location directory for Dolphin to search for the ISO file. Once that's loaded, right click on it and press properties> File System> and then choose whatever files you want and extract them. Extracting both partitions wouldn't be a problem, but unnecessary. From there, you should get individual files, which then we can work on identifying what's what.
(03-18-2017, 01:30 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]Well, grab Dolphin the wii Emulator(which you can google and download yourself). Then, once you have the *.iso and that program, choose the location directory for Dolphin to search for the ISO file. Once that's loaded, right click on it and press properties> File System> and then choose whatever files you want and extract them. Extracting both partitions wouldn't be a problem, but unnecessary. From there, you should get individual files, which then we can work on identifying what's what.

well ok here then: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nm5a5649u2...itions.rar

its the partitions datas for the game, there werent very many files.
funny thing is that the last time i asked somebody about this game for models they said they didnt seem to be
there. rather odd...
Whoever said that is definitely wrong. That makes no sense Tongue. It's probably in that 51MB bin file, which looks compressed somehow. I'll investigate it I guess.

EDIT: Also, if you're looking to rip the sounds, you can convert those *.brstm files with VGSC:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25478.html
Well, the only results I could yield from scanning a compression type was LZFU_RAW.

Code:
comtype LZFU_RAW

get ZSIZE asize
clog "" 0 ZSIZE ZSIZE

Can try using that. If you open that file in a hex editor, it looks like font entries, but otherwise I don't know what else to tell you.
(03-19-2017, 12:32 AM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the only results I could yield from scanning a compression type was LZFU_RAW.

Code:
comtype LZFU_RAW

get ZSIZE asize
clog "" 0 ZSIZE ZSIZE

Can try using that. If you open that file in a hex editor, it looks like font entries, but otherwise I don't know what else to tell you.

well shit, i cant fathom hex editor as any guide i have ever found NEVER matches up to what i see versus what ANY tutorial shows. and any success i ever found was after somebody practically made a blueprint of all the data.
(granted this has only been once for Soul Calibur 5 and it took me weeks to figure out what the guide was talking about.)