The VG Resource

Full Version: Secret of Evermore Dog sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was hoping someone could rip the sprites for The Dog from Secret of Evermore. The Prehistoric dog is already done and looks great, but we are still missing the Sacred Dog, the Pink Poodle, and the Robot Toaster Dog (and the Dog's original form)

I saw a thread with lots of progress for Secret of Evermore but it seems to have stopped recently?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Would love to see this too - huge fan of the series.
Bumping this, with additional information.

If anyone is willing to rip this, any amount or order is fine. But if it makes things simpler, I'd like the Pink Poodle first. Again, any order is fine though.
Can I sign onto this too? This game is criminally overlooked when it comes to sprites. The Toaster would be awesome.
I can't offer my help because there doesn't seem to be a working debug for the game, but I'll get you guys started with some Sacred Dog from the attract mode.

[Image: FsTFNHY.png]

Ripped with no$sns in case anyone wants to continue it and keep palettes consistent.
Bumping this again.
The poodle shouldn't be hard to do, he has way less frames than the prehistoric dog. It basically comes down to this:
- Standing
- Walking
- Running
- Standing & Sniffing
- Walking & Sniffing
- Attacking
- Getting a Hit
- Sitting
- Sitting & Scratching
- Sleeping/Exhausted
- Avoiding an Attack
- Special sprites for this era: poodle runs around with a pig mask

But don't look at me, I'm pretty much occupied with Ys V and also have to learn for my exams.
I believe there's a patch available somewhere which enables a 2-player mode in the game. This would allow you to use the second controller to perform actions if need be, too. With that in mind of course enemies overlapping is always a pain in the ass unless the graphics are visible in a tileviewer. So some of these might take a little work.