The VG Resource

Full Version: Improving random option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, thank you for the great work! This site is awesome! Smile
Would it be option to add certain features to improve the option to pick a random sheet? I ask this because there's a lot of portraits and general anime pictures and I just keep running into those in random mode when I'm just looking for other things.
If you're looking for specific things, you should just browse there directly or use the search feature. Random works exactly as it should - it picks a sheet completely at random and displays it.
Eventually we'll add tags to sheets, which will let you search by tags.
The reason I use the random feature instead of search is that I'm not really sure what I'm looking for... I have very vague ideas like "machine" or stuff like that... the search function requires me to be more specific than I want. Using tags would help, I guess.

(Also, I've just noticed there's a topic to make site suggestions... Sorry about that)
Tags would almost definitely let you do what you want. Random really isn't the best way to go about finding anything - it's picking from nearly 90,000 sheets but tags, if used correctly, should be the answer you're looking for.