The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping models from Atlas Reactor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you can probably tell by the title of this thread, I am looking for ways to rip models and their textures from the PC game Atlas Reactor. I'm fairly certain the game is made on Unity, and that it uses DirectX9. However, since I am new to any sort of model ripping, I have no idea how to get the models/textures from the game. I have tried using the tool NinjaRipper (I found it here: http://gamebanana.com/tools/5638), but I could not get the program to even attempt to rip any models/textures from the game. I believe this is because the game cannot be booted from it's .exe file, rather, you have to boot the Steam-like Glyph client first, then boot the game from there. Are there any other tools/techniques I could try to rip the models from the game? I have looked at 3D Ripper DX, but it came up with multiple warnings on VirusTotal, so I did not feel safe trying to use it on my PC. For those interested, I want to rip the model and textures of the character Zuki, along with her rocket launcher (which I presume is a seperate model).
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
BoomXiY
(02-14-2017, 02:21 PM)BoomXiY Wrote: [ -> ]As you can probably tell by the title of this thread, I am looking for ways to rip models and their textures from the PC game Atlas Reactor. I'm fairly certain the game is made on Unity, and that it uses DirectX9. However, since I am new to any sort of model ripping, I have no idea how to get the models/textures from the game. I have tried using the tool NinjaRipper (I found it here: http://gamebanana.com/tools/5638), but I could not get the program to even attempt to rip any models/textures from the game. I believe this is because the game cannot be booted from it's .exe file, rather, you have to boot the Steam-like Glyph client first, then boot the game from there. Are there any other tools/techniques I could try to rip the models from the game? I have looked at 3D Ripper DX, but it came up with multiple warnings on VirusTotal, so I did not feel safe trying to use it on my PC. For those interested, I want to rip the model and textures of the character Zuki, along with her rocket launcher (which I presume is a seperate model).
Thanks
BoomXiY

Use UnityStudio for Unity games. File > Load Folder find where the level/shared/bundle asset files are, Scene Hierachy has models, Asset List has textures. Last I checked they export fine, but reinstalling to see if this is still the case.

we good, you'll have to compile the source yourself if you want the textures to preview and rip properly since they're crunched, and there isn't a release build with the fix yet.
[Image: mDnNRXb.png]

You'll need to convert the normal map, and split some of the textures with Texture Remix before it's worthy of submitting, if you do that is.
(02-14-2017, 03:06 PM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2017, 02:21 PM)BoomXiY Wrote: [ -> ]As you can probably tell by the title of this thread, I am looking for ways to rip models and their textures from the PC game Atlas Reactor. I'm fairly certain the game is made on Unity, and that it uses DirectX9. However, since I am new to any sort of model ripping, I have no idea how to get the models/textures from the game. I have tried using the tool NinjaRipper (I found it here: http://gamebanana.com/tools/5638), but I could not get the program to even attempt to rip any models/textures from the game. I believe this is because the game cannot be booted from it's .exe file, rather, you have to boot the Steam-like Glyph client first, then boot the game from there. Are there any other tools/techniques I could try to rip the models from the game? I have looked at 3D Ripper DX, but it came up with multiple warnings on VirusTotal, so I did not feel safe trying to use it on my PC. For those interested, I want to rip the model and textures of the character Zuki, along with her rocket launcher (which I presume is a seperate model).
Thanks
BoomXiY

Use UnityStudio for Unity games. File > Load Folder find where the level/shared/bundle asset files are, Scene Hierachy has models, Asset List has textures. Last I checked they export fine, but reinstalling to see if this is still the case.

we good, you'll have to compile the source yourself if you want the textures to preview and rip properly since they're crunched, and there isn't a release build with the fix yet.
[Image: mDnNRXb.png]

You'll need to convert the normal map, and split some of the textures with Texture Remix before it's worthy of submitting, if you do that is.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've downloaded the tool, and I'm sure I've extracted the file with the models/textures I need (resources.assets in the game's data folder). However, they've all extracted as .DAT files. How would I go about opening and previewing these? I saw your point about "compile the source yourself", although I was a bit confused as to what this meant. Can you explain the process to me, or link me to a resource that will tell me how to do it, presuming that this will allow me to open/preview the textures/models? Sorry if this post is a bit confusing/complicated. I think it may be worth mentioning that I intend to open the models with Blender, and it would be helpful to have the textures as .png files. 
Thanks
BoomXiY
Latest UnityStudio
That's because the release version doesn't have the fix for crunched textures, so I've compiled it myself for you(above), with this version you can preview and properly rip the textures by default should rip .PNG if not go to options > export options

Usually the texture name will help find the model you're looking for, so for the image I posted, "Archer*" is what I searched in the filter for Scene Hierarchy and found "Hero_Archer_base_000_000" model, it'll rip the model in ASCII FBX which blender can't import, so you'll need to use Noesis to convert it to .dae, you might have to flip UVs as well there's a checkbox for this in Noesis.

might be a better explanation
(02-15-2017, 10:31 AM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]
Latest UnityStudio
That's because the release version doesn't have the fix for crunched textures, so I've compiled it myself for you(above), with this version you can preview and properly rip the textures by default should rip .PNG if not go to options > export options

Usually the texture name will help find the model you're looking for, so for the image I posted, "Archer*" is what I searched in the filter for Scene Hierarchy and found "Hero_Archer_base_000_000" model, it'll rip the model in ASCII FBX which blender can't import, so you'll need to use Noesis to convert it to .dae, you might have to flip UVs as well there's a checkbox for this in Noesis.

Thanks for this reply in particular, as it has helped me get a lot further in this process than I did before. However, I am now having issues finding/extracting the models, rather than the textures. I have managed to preview/export the textures now, and presuming I've got it right, the files are called "bazookagirl_body_base_000_000" and then a specific letter at the end. I have extracted all four of these files successfully as .pngs. I then found a file in the Scene Hierarchy called "Bazookagirl", which was the closest match I could get to the name of the textures. However, Noesis fails to preview it, and says that I can attempt to export it anyway. Unfortunately, it fails to find anything to import, and it doesn't even create the .dae file. I think it may be the wrong file that I am trying to open, but presuming it is the right file, is there anything I could be doing wrong? The continued support from you and the other/s who have posted here is greatly appreciated. Just to note, I am attempting to get the models from a "resources.assets" file, if I hadn't mentioned that before.
(02-15-2017, 01:04 PM)BoomXiY Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2017, 10:31 AM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]
Latest UnityStudio

Thanks for this reply in particular, as it has helped me get a lot further in this process than I did before. However, I am now having issues finding/extracting the models, rather than the textures. I have managed to preview/export the textures now, and presuming I've got it right, the files are called "bazookagirl_body_base_000_000" and then a specific letter at the end. I have extracted all four of these files successfully as .pngs. I then found a file in the Scene Hierarchy called "Bazookagirl", which was the closest match I could get to the name of the textures. However, Noesis fails to preview it, and says that I can attempt to export it anyway. Unfortunately, it fails to find anything to import, and it doesn't even create the .dae file. I think it may be the wrong file that I am trying to open, but presuming it is the right file, is there anything I could be doing wrong? The continued support from you and the other/s who have posted here is greatly appreciated. Just to note, I am attempting to get the models from a "resources.assets" file, if I hadn't mentioned that before.

I forgot to mention that not everything in the scene hierarchy are models, but I believe I found what you were looking for "Hero_bazookagirl_base_000_001" I guess just add hero_ before the name and make sure to add the * at the end IE "Hero_bazookagirl*" it should find anything with that in it. If you see something like THIS It's a model, props might not look like that so you'll have to get lucky.
(02-15-2017, 01:48 PM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2017, 01:04 PM)BoomXiY Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2017, 10:31 AM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ] Latest UnityStudio

I forgot to mention that not everything in the scene hierarchy are models, but I believe I found what you were looking for "Hero_bazookagirl_base_000_001" I guess just add hero_ before the name and make sure to add the * at the end IE "Hero_bazookagirl*" it should find anything with that in it. If you see something like THIS It's a model, props might not look like that so you'll have to get lucky.

Thank you for the advice you have given me, I have finally ripped the model and the textures! However, being a complete novice to 3D modelling, I can't do a lot with it. I'm sure this isn't really the place to ask, but in Blender, the model has a weirdly bright textures. Any ideas on why this has happened, and how to disable it? I'll post an image of my problem, but if you can't help with it, that's fine, you've already offered a substantial amount of advice. And besides, my base problem has been solved, I'm just trying to figure out how I can manipulate/use the model. A picture of my current problem: http://i.cubeupload.com/6jAywX.png