The VG Resource

Full Version: Possible to rip models with only PC and rom?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[If this is in the wrong place, please tell me and I'll repost]
So, I've been into the anime Attack on Titan lately, and remembered the 3DS game of it.

Now, it's obvious that it is possible to rip a model from a 3DS game, but is it possible without my 3DS?
I have the CIA, .3ds, and a way to get the RomFS.bin, so is it even remotely possible to do this?
I don't have a 3DS with the correct firmware, it's all new, so I can't do it with a 3DS unless I bought one with an older firmware.
Any kind of help would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S.
I'm trying to get the Colossal Titan model from the game, so if the model has already been extracted, would I be able to get that?
(02-02-2017, 05:31 PM)unbecomingname Wrote: [ -> ][If this is in the wrong place, please tell me and I'll repost]
So, I've been into the anime Attack on Titan lately, and remembered the 3DS game of it.

Now, it's obvious that it is possible to rip a model from a 3DS game, but is it possible without my 3DS?
I have the CIA, .3ds, and a way to get the RomFS.bin, so is it even remotely possible to do this?
I don't have a 3DS with the correct firmware, it's all new, so I can't do it with a 3DS unless I bought one with an older firmware.

P.S.
I'm trying to get the Colossal Titan model from the game, so if the model has already been extracted, would I be able to get that?

the models are all in .bin format, that is if ur talking about Humanity in Chains game for the 3ds. Sadly there's no tool to convert the models into a OBJ or into SMD/DAE. File is also a container, so textures are also in the bin file.
(02-03-2017, 09:05 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 05:31 PM)unbecomingname Wrote: [ -> ][If this is in the wrong place, please tell me and I'll repost]

P.S.

the models are all in .bin format, that is if ur talking about Humanity in Chains game for the 3ds. Sadly there's no tool to convert the models into a OBJ or into SMD/DAE. File is also a container, so textures are also in the bin file.

Ah, yes, I was indeed talking about Humanity in Chains.
Thanks for the reply, hopefully one day something comes out for conversion, for now, I'll just have to look into how to extract bin files.
np, altho i did research the bone structure a bit, but i dont have all the info yet for position, rotation, and scale

Code:
16-bit ints
0x30 = What bone index its connected to
0x40 =  how many bones are connected to said bone
0x42 = ???
0x44 = bone id order listing
0x60 = Bone index
0x62 = bone index's that goes to said bone