The VG Resource

Full Version: Borderlands 1, 2, Pre-Sequel models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got access and ease to pretty much all of the Borderlands models and I've figured out very easy ways to rip and export them. I can get all types from the first two, but from the pre-sequel I can really only do rigged characters since static objects are accessible unfortunately. I've got a few that I definitely plan to upload, and I'm very surprised to see that nothing is uploaded, honestly. Here's what i've got planned as a start:

-All BL1 Vault Hunters
-All BL1 Bosses
-All BL2 Vault Hunters
-All major BL2 NPCs
-All BLPS Vault Hunters
-All Major BLPS NPCS (including Claptastic Voyage)

This is all I plan to do for now, but my big question and what I hope to hear answers about is this:
What format should I upload these in? I was considering uploading in .dae format considering most programs people use should support it, but can .obj files support skeletal mesh? What format can I upload it in that preserves the skeleton as well as creates ease of access across multiple programs? I use Autodesk Maya 2014.

just as an fyi as well, I know I am new but I have been using the models and sounds resource for a pretty long time now and I just love what everyone has done to help each other here. having access to console exclusive models has blessed my heart Heart
I like dae its Support bones and for static objekts i use obj. Obj do not Support bones.
How did you rip the models? If you ripped them from console what did you use?
Gildors Unmodel, its suport ps3 and x-box 360.
You are need Studiomax and a Actor x plugin to Import psk mesesh.
I am only ripping PC games, but i thing its the same way for console.
Out of curiosity, which version of Borderlands are you ripping from, PC / 360 / PS3? I only ask because I'm doing some more for the 360 Borderlands 2 category
(01-30-2017, 08:44 PM)Ecelon Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, which version of Borderlands are you ripping from, PC / 360 / PS3? I only ask because I'm doing some more for the 360 Borderlands 2 category

i ripped them from the pc version. unforunately however, i actually can't do anything about all this now....... my student license for maya ended an hour ago and now i have to figure out getting it back :') sobs,,,,
Use the 3D studio max its free for students.