The VG Resource

Full Version: Master of Orion ripping help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been waiting for some one to rip the well made master of orion models, but I've been trying to do it myself because no one seems to want to take the time to do it.

I have watched the videos and tried ninja ripper, 3dripper, and simply unpacking the files, so far neither 3 has worked.

I would appreciate some help here from some one experienced, or at least getting pointed in the right direction, here is everything you might need to know to help you figure out my problem.

- The game itself runs off the unity engine and uses DirectX version 9.0c, I use the steam version so if I launch from the exe, it resets

- The model files themselves are either massive "ASSETS file" files (most are between 30,000 and 60,000 KB, but some are up to 600,000 or 2,000,000)

- The files that aren't assets files are just called "file"

- When I try use Unity Assets Explorer, it either doesn't know the file type or says the files themselves are way too big to work with

- When I try to use ninja ripper and launch the exe, the game resets through steam and it ninja ripper doesn't do anything

- When I try to use 3dripper, it just doesn't load in the first place, and I can't use global monitoring because that strictly works with a 32bit pc

I opened up each file in notepad++ and I think I discovered which ones have the models inside, however some are missing and I haven't been able to find them

Some one suggested that I should get a pirated version of the game and try ninja ripper again so the game won't restart itself, tough I would like to only do that as a last resort.

If you want the files I think have the model data, ask away
Have you tried UnityStudio, If that doesn't work, post some of asset files to see if I or someone could help.
(01-26-2017, 03:03 AM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried UnityStudio, If that doesn't work, post some of asset files to see if I or someone could help.

UnityStudio worked, and I did find a lot of the textures that make up the models, however I couldn't find any 3d model data in any of the assets files. There is the gigantic Resources.assets file, but it's too big for even UnityStudio to open. I'll keep browsing around to see if they put them else where tough.
(01-26-2017, 02:23 PM)killerrotoz Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2017, 03:03 AM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried UnityStudio, If that doesn't work, post some of asset files to see if I or someone could help.

UnityStudio worked, and I did find a lot of the textures that make up the models, however I couldn't find any 3d model data in any of the assets files. There is the gigantic Resources.assets file, but it's too big for even UnityStudio to open. I'll keep browsing around to see if they put them else where tough.

Models are in the Scene Hierarchy tab, along with many other things, you'll have to find them example from CAYNE it'll obviously be different for other games, as for the gigantic asset file not loading, you might wanna submit an issue about that with a link to the asset file here.
(01-27-2017, 01:28 AM)Hallowpape Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2017, 02:23 PM)killerrotoz Wrote: [ -> ]

Models are in the Scene Hierarchy tab, along with many other things, you'll have to find them example from CAYNE it'll obviously be different for other games, as for the gigantic asset file not loading, you might wanna submit an issue about that with a link to the asset file here.

Thanks for all your help, I managed to find the models I was looking for. There are still some that are likely in the big asset file, but I sent a message to the UnityStudio guy with the file so he should be able to help with that.
Progress with the project. I'm using Autodesk FBX to view the models and it was able to automatically assigned the bones and the textures, so that's good. I'm still waiting for UnityStudio to be updated to support the asset files larger than 2GB.

The only sort of challenge right now is figuring out how to make the models look how they do in the game, but i'm sure there is plenty of stuff for that online. If you want to point me in the right direction, that would be helpful.
Did the textures you get have colour?
Unity Studio and Asset Studio can get the models, sound and textures but the textures for the races (not ships and buildings) are lacking colour.
(11-11-2018, 12:23 PM)09williamsad Wrote: [ -> ]Did the textures you get have colour?
Unity Studio and Asset Studio can get the models, sound and textures but the textures for the races (not ships and buildings) are lacking colour.

I have the models and textures and I can load them up in unity, and yes they do have color.

the only problem that I have yet to find a fix for (and have stopped looking) is that there doesn't seem a way to pose their faces.

If you know of a way to do i'd be appreciative.
(11-13-2018, 06:26 PM)killerrotoz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2018, 12:23 PM)09williamsad Wrote: [ -> ]Did the textures you get have colour?

I have the models and textures and I can load them up in unity, and yes they do have color.

the only problem that I have yet to find a fix for (and have stopped looking) is that there doesn't seem a way to pose their faces.

If you know of a way to do i'd be appreciative.

I think you would have to pose the mesh manually.

How did you extract the textures?
Any I extract for the races (characters not ships and buildings) are grey https://imgur.com/a/OVzzajw