The VG Resource

Full Version: Majora's Mask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 14ve2.png]
Here it is. I'm not too sure about the spikes.
It's good, it's kind of small but good.
*SPOILER ALERT*
Quote this post to see.

Good for the item, not for the boss, though.
Usually size doesn't matter if it's custom.
Bump.
(11-22-2008, 08:25 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Usually size doesn't matter if it's custom.

Yeah, but I look at 'usefulness' for a custom sprite. At least it's detailed.
(11-23-2008, 12:40 AM)Miles07 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but I look at 'usefulness' for a custom sprite. At least it's detailed.
the size is actually good, just because you think it is small it doesn't mean it's useless, some people will find it useful...

Anyway, the sprite itself it's pretty nice, I would like to see some hue shift in the spikes though, use orange instead of a darker yellow. I like it, please go on Smile
(11-23-2008, 12:40 AM)Miles07 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2008, 08:25 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Usually size doesn't matter if it's custom.

Yeah, but I look at 'usefulness' for a custom sprite. At least it's detailed.

Sometimes people do pixel art for the sake of it being art.

Also, I like it. Try what EdpR said and hue shift the spikes, it'll probably look better.
Ok, that's fixed, plus made it wider. Anything else?
[Image: 14fy4.png]
The 'whisker' spikes ought to be multicolored. And the ones closer to the bottom should be angled down a bit more, 'cuz the whiskers looked cramped and clumped together.

Reference.
Here's the latest! And the spikes are actually yellow, but with a bit of color. I just liked it better this way.
[Image: 14cw4.png]
Yes, it's better. No problems that I can see... through this microscope...
Drop the size thing already. _ _"

If you're really that concerned over usefulness in a sprite that size, I'm sure all kinds of people would be happy to use it in their sprite comics or something. There's not that much use for large pixelarts in comics or games or stuff like that, but something that size would be perfect in a comic or as an item in a game etc.
size begins to matter if the detail you do have in it cant be noticed because its all cramped together or not outstanding enough