The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Animations from Super Smash Bros Brawl ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 

is there a way to rip the animations from Super Smash Bros Brawl? I need them to rebuild the game (At least some parts of it) in UE4. I already got the models from here and managed to rip some by myself. I noticed the models contain a rig so there should be a way to get the animation and apply them, correct me if im wrong... I already searched for tutorials but couldnt find any besides a video where somone used the animation from the game(without explanation how to)..I would appreciate any help !
In the fighter character folder, look for the (character name)MotionEtc.arc file, and use brawlbox to extract them.
I don't know if you could convert the Wii's CHR0 format to something usable for UE4 though, so I'm not much use there, sorry.
(01-19-2017, 08:25 AM)eureka Wrote: [ -> ]In the fighter character folder, look for the (character name)MotionEtc.arc file, and use brawlbox to extract them.
I don't know if you could convert the Wii's CHR0 format to something usable for UE4 though, so I'm not much use there, sorry.

I found a way to extract the animation data with your method and using the colladaTool... Now I just have to figure out how to import it into 3ds max and from there to unreal... Thals a lot for your help!
You'd be better off using Maya for this. I had used it before cancelling my fangame, and there was a Smash modding tutorial that used BrawlBox2Maya, which will then let you export to FBX. I don't know Unreal at all, but there should be a function that lets you clip the animation from the FBX.