The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping from mobile (as a complete beginner)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
alright i've already written this post and scrapped it once, sorry if this seems super informal,,,

- I'm trying to rip character models from a mobile (iOS/Android) game called "World Trigger: Smash Borders" (it is entirely in japanese)
- the title is indeed a pun on smash brothers
- I think it is also available for PS Vita (also in japanese) but i don't have access to that
- i have downloaded the .apk but considering I did so a month ago (i have been trying to figure out how to do this on my own for a month) it is actually out of date, I need to download the latest update
- i opened the .apk with bandizip and it's mostly .bin files, there are a few .xml files and some other stuff too but it is mostly just .bins
- I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but i'm pretty sure it isn't .bin files
- i have ventured into the seventh circle of hell and back to get here and i am not stopping now
- google tells me to use disunity on it but i do not know where/how to get that and apparently it involves command lines????? I do not know how to use command lines but i am here to learn these things if anyone is willing to explain
- pics of the game, and of my progress (if you can call it that)
- i really don't know what I'm doing

i think that is all????? please lmk if you need any more info (and where i can find it if its something, uh, not obvious),, I really have no idea where to start with this i've never ripped anything before, sorry.... Any help is really appreciated!!
Do you can share file list of your extraction ?
(12-21-2016, 08:58 AM)iyenal Wrote: [ -> ]Do you can share file list of your extraction ?
I'm.... Not sure how to do that >_< Do I just take screenshots, or..? (Theres a lot of files in here)
See this guide : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/196158
It can be very useful for your researches.
Sorry this took so long, the holidays were crazy! Anyways, this thing has a load of subfolders. Here's some of the files, at least... In a .zip archive because did I mention all the subfolders???? I didn't get all of them listed out- you'll see why once you get to the a/b/c/d/e files- but I can get lists for all of those too if you really want... It just might take a while Ouch! (screenshots would probably be faster). 
If there's a way to get all of the files at once without having to do each folder individually, that might be ideal, but given that this was my first time ever even opening a command window it's safe to say that I have no idea what I'm doing haha

(It also just occurred to me that there may or may not be an initial download- I started playing the game ages ago, so I don't remember, but if there is that may be a problem...)
Yes I have to see also the other folders. Actually I can see only that it's an android app (manifest).
Anf I saw your progress picture, you have to open .BIN files in a hexadecimal editor and see the header, so I think you will have to make your own QuickBMS scripts to open them (and without discouraging you, it will be difficult if you don't know how to use command line...).