The VG Resource

Full Version: Rabbids Go Home Model Ripping Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game Rabbids Go Home (Wii) has all of the game's files in three .bf archives:  RGH.$hd$.bik.BF ( 413 MB ) contains .bik movies such as cutscenes from the game,  RGH.wii.sns.BF ( 734 MB ) contains all of the game's sounds in .sns format, and RGH.BF ( 0.98 GB ) contains many different types of files, such as .bik [which are just pointers to the .bik movies in RGH.$hd$.bik.BF], .bin, .cfg, .dat, .sns [again, they are just pointers to the RGH.wii.sns.BF file], and others that may be too small and useless to mention.

Once the latter .bf file was extracted via quickbms, it was a matter of me trying to find the game's models, primarily focusing on the .bin and .dat files, because they were the largest types of files in the archive (the largest .bin file being 9.90 MB, and the largest .dat file 316 KB ), and a model can't be smaller than at least 2 KB. The catch was, however, that all the .bin and .dat files were named after an 8-byte value (for example: fef01276.bin or a06629c.dat), so it wouldn't be easy to identify the models from sprites or other game files other than sounds. 

So, after all that rambling, here's the point I'm trying to make: could someone decipher the attached sample .bin and .dat files and see if they are models or not, and maybe allow it to be imported into 3ds Max/Blender via a Max Script or a plugin, respectively? Help will be appreciated.

Attached in the link are 10 sample files, 5 of each file type (.bin and .dat), the 1st ones being the largest of both types of files, and 4 that are selected randomly out of the 1,359 .bin files and 1,193 .dat files. If there's no luck in finding any model format in the sample files I attached, I can always upload more on this thread, since the chances of randomly finding a model out of 2,552 files amongst sprites and other things may be a little slim.

Again, help is very much appreciated!

https://mega.nz/#!C8IxwRiJ!23kPTRDrObDvB...IfPmE5unlc