The VG Resource

Full Version: How would I rip a POSE from a game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to rip a pose from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, because the ones here are T-Stanced. How would I go about doing that? Then if it is possible, can I export it as .obj so I can put it into Pepukura Designer 4? Thanks in advance
Oh yeah, I am playing using PCSX2 1.4.0. if it helps.

I wanna rip the model as shown in the attachment but not as a t-stance, just as-is. Will the software just do it by default? I can't get anything to wrok so what do I use?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions, I'm new to this ripping thing. (also to the forums!)
As far as I know, you can't rip poses from 3D Games. You have to manually make those Models do the poses you want to do in order to get those poses. T-Poses are the Default Stance.
Dang, okay. So what program should I use to manually do this
Most commonly, T- poses are the original pose of characters, but it may differ.
If you want to achieve frames of poses, I suggest you use something like Ninja Ripper, off of Game Banana. You might not want to upload these poses, though.

A alternative is rigging your model. You can find a rigging tutorial for your favorite 3D modeling program (Mine's Blender.) somewhere on Youtube!
(12-20-2016, 12:48 PM)the_plasmatic_flareon Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, okay. So what program should I use to manually do this

Don't worry the fact that you can't ripp models posed it's not really true.
Instead it's exactly the opposite, since it's far more easy to ripp a posed model  using some ripping tools instead of extract them in bind or t-pose. This is due to the fact that to ripp a posed game model you don't need any specifc knowledge.
Since you are using a ps2 emulator, there are some tools  to do it, like 3d ripper dx, 3dvia printscreen (but then u have to convert it), ninja ripper, and lastly the pcsx2 emulator itself. I can't remember what version introduced the possibility to ripp the game scene and convert ti to obj since i used it a lot of time ago. Here in the forum you should find a lot of useful tutorial for your case, just use the search function of the forum. Good luck.